4efe engine horrid engine squeal

How's things lads and lasses I'm hoping one of you have came across this before I recently picked up a 98 glanza rep the first few days car seemed fine part from two shot rear wheel bearings and a half mangled exhaust but in the last few days this god awful squeal has appeared  now I know it's not the belts bearing in mind the timing belt is way over due but I know these make a high pitched super charger squeal when there to tight this is like a metal spinning sound if you rev it seems to stop coming from bottom pulley area I think I've looked at the pulleys and they look ok and the crank bolts definitely tight enough 

Is this a bearing or crank problem 

On 12/14/2018 at 11:07 PM, 5T4R7ET N/A said:

Could be the alternator belt, when worn they will go hard and start to slip and screech pretty loud,

if the noise is constant, slacken or remove the belt to see if noise goes or not.  

Not belt squeal belts are all good I did a quick timing check and have spotted that the inner pulley seems to be moving constantly so where it's meant to line up it goes past and keeps going 

On 12/14/2018 at 12:29 AM, Calum122 said:

Could be the idler tensioner pulley. How loud is it?

Fairly loud like a squeal rattle sound it's nothing I've heard before on a starlet 

13 minutes ago, Calum122 said:

The cam belt tension idler pulley runs a bearing, if it's old and the bearings worn and or dry it could be that.

Just been out had a look at that seems good I'm looks like belt was recently changed 

• 2 weeks later...

Found what had caused the horrid squeal rattle one funked bottom pulley swapped it out for another one and were all good to go unfortunately it had made the bottom casing a right state so will have to pull it apart again and replace it along with belt and water pump

20181224_114930.jpg

11 hours ago, JDMfreak said:

Found what had caused the horrid squeal rattle one funked bottom pulley swapped it out for another one and were all good to go unfortunately it had made the bottom casing a right state so will have to pull it apart again and replace it along with belt and water pump

20181224_114930.jpg

Wow never seen this happen before. Possibly caused by an over tightened belt or the pulley may have been dropped or not removed/installed correctly causing the structure to weaken. Always use pulley pullers to remove or install the main crank pulley and the belt should only be tightened enough so it only twists when approx 10kg of force is applied. Seen so many people remove crank pulleys with a pry bar and install them with a hammer and socket