Glanza CV - where to get

past day or so i've been getting what can only be described as a howling noise coming from my drivers front wheel and I'm putting this down to the outer CV joint. There is no movement in the wheel when its jacked up so its not a bearing (I don't think anyway),

Question is where are folks getting CV joints for a glanza with ABS from or does anyone have a Part number for one that i can take to the local motor factors as i get a really good rate on parts.

TIA

Kazi

8 hours ago, glanzadude said:

I would say the cv joints are the same as the na starlets 

From research I would say they are. 

4 hours ago, SKINY said:

Any decent motor factor should do them, Jap service parts online too bud

Ill have a look at them also. 

TD are listing a 23/30 & 23/23

What is this numbering for? Is it to do with tooth gearing for the ABS? If so what would be the size for a 97 model? 

I take it only makes the noise when you do full lock? Should be a clicking sound.

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. You can jack it up and spin it and it feels fine, but sometimes they don't make any noise until they have some weight on them.

The numbers are for the splines like already said.

EP91 n/as don’t have ABS so you’d have to swap your ABS ring on to them.

Just buy the correct Glanza ones from ID Workz if it is CV.

If it’s ‘howling’ like you say it could actually be a wheel bearing. If you’re driving say down a dual carriageway and change lanes, is the noise more noticeable going left to right or right to left for example?

50 minutes ago, Padders said:

I take it only makes the noise when you do full lock? Should be a clicking sound.

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. You can jack it up and spin it and it feels fine, but sometimes they don't make any noise until they have some weight on them.

23 minutes ago, RobSR said:

If it’s ‘howling’ like you say it could actually be a wheel bearing. If you’re driving say down a dual carriageway and change lanes, is the noise more noticeable going left to right or right to left for example?

No noises on full lock, only when you are traveling straight doing 60-70 mph. Lane changes for example doesn’t make it any more or less notable. 

I know from experience that the checks on wheels bearings aren’t always conclusive but if it was a bearing wouldn’t it make a constant sound and the increase / decrease in accordance with the speed you are doing? 

2 hours ago, JamesD89 said:

The numbers are the amount of splines on the inner and outer of the joint, check which one you have before ordering if I were you.

Think I’ll order both and do it over Xmas while I have time off