Hey, 

Purchasing wepr mild steel td04 mani,  downpipe and screamer soon and I’m looking for a td04 to match. But I have few questions:

Are there different td04s? Any that won’t fit or work with ep82 application?

am I correct in assuming all I need to do is weld shut the wastegate, remove acuator and twist the turbo to match intercooler piping? Or is there more to it?

also td04s are getting old now, are they still worth buying second hand without rebuilds or should I be looking at buying one to get sent of for a rebuild now?

any forum members with td04 for sale feel free to inbox me with price 

many thanks 

Edited by LeonL

There are a couple of different options available yes, however most use the TD04L off a Subaru WRX with the 3 bolt flange.

Yes weld the wastegate up if using an external item and clock the turbo like you say. On some you will need to remove the compressor housing and file off the original locating pin that stopped the housing turning.

Depends on your budget really, they are fairly cheap used (from £50), but like you say may have worn seals etc.

1 hour ago, LeonL said:

I’ve got a tf035 on the car which seems to boost fine. would it be worth me using this or would I be better of getting a td04

More responsive but wont make as much power as the TD04...depends what you are after from the car. Response or a higher power goal.

I went for a tf035 too after loads of reading about spool up and lag compared between the 2 of them, I'm only looking 200/220 up on factory block, enough to maul the mates factory spec engine GT FOUR and I be happy.........

:p

13 hours ago, RobSR said:

Yup!

Sorry for all the questions but you know your stuff

running a tf035 managed by Apexi power fc would it be worth me upgrading injectors or will the tf035 not reach enough power to warrant the injector change

also will a braided td04 oil line fit the tf035 or do I need a specific line

Edited by LeonL

Stock injectors are ok to around 245bhp so you should be fine.

Again oil line you should be ok. Some have different threads on the turbo side, so you might need to tweak it a little, but most are the same.