I really rate the innovate stuff. I use either an Innovate LM1 or LM2 when running customers cars - these are a stand alone controller so you need a window bracket etc to hold them while driving.  The LM1 is very old but rock solid and very very reliable.  Ive had it on the dyno and run parallel to much more expensive motec systems and while its not quite at the same level it certainly holds its own.  The LM2 has a few known issues but I have personally yet to have any issues.  As a stand alone I have used the MTXL in a couple of cars, and a LC1/LC2 if you don't need a screen and feeding straight to an aftermarket ecu.  All seem to work pretty well.  Ive also used a couple of AEM stand alone units but one of them had issues and after a long process was eventually replaced.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:35 AM, rob_bower said:

The plx comes highly recommended that’s what I will be purchasing. 

This man is on the money. 

Id personally avoid AEM and have had mixed experience with Innovate.

Thank you all for the info,

I got a little excited when I saw a positive towards the aem but, it seems maybe their name is better than there true product? 

I will only be running a speed vision ct9, external gate, but would like to keep true tabs on what is happening.

The plx is an American product from a brief search? Is there a UK distributor? 

Thanks again, Tom