Misfire...ep82 Gt turbo

Hey guys, 

had a search online and lots of different opinions so thought I’d make a topic.

not had the car long and only insured it last week to start using but has quite a bad misfire.

misfire seems to happen under normal driving off boost and sometimes when coming into boost. At around 2500rpm-3000rpm. Constant misfire that causes car to jump about until it passes it. Seems worse at lower speeds.

ive changed plugs, my leads are ngk blue leads, worth changing these?

compression test shows 160-170 across all 4

unplugging 02 sensor makes car seem a lot smoother to drive in general but the same misfire still persists 

other items I need I change?

Edited by LeonL

If you go for uprated Magencore ones they will be around £100.00 but worth it imo. That said you may find a used set on here / the starlet pages on FB.

Toyota for Rotor Arm and Dizzy cap - not massively expensive items.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive replaced and fitted the following:

- magnecor Ht leads

-new rotor arm

-new dizzy cap

-second hand coil

just waiting on a boost hose so I can go drive and test for misfires! If it’s still missing then I’m stuck for ideas 

UPDATE:

cars still the same, misfire around 3000revs when going onto boost, sometimes really bad, sometimes it can push past it. 

Ive replaced and fitted the following:

- magnecor Ht leads

-new rotor arm

-new dizzy cap

-second hand coil

-new plugs

compression test comes back fine.

whats my options now?

How about the dizzy itself did you change that?

as new king lead will get good spark to dizzy but if dizzy is knackered it’s not going to be able to fully distribute spark correctly even with new leads cap and arm

25 minutes ago, glanzadude said:

have a look anyways

My manifold does have a hairline crack that does allow a slight blowing but never thought it would cause such a serious issue?

I had a fault with a dizzy that when underload it wasn't able to produce the current but under normal driving it did

Om another car I had a misfire problem and it was down to ther alternator belt looked and felt in great condition but real close inspection there was a few teeth missing and that caused all sorts of problems.

if you can connect a voltage guage up which can be read whilst in car and see if there is a dramatic voltage drop underload that might help to narrow down problem