MOT fail and New Exhaust system needed. ADVICE PLEASE!!

Sup guys

My Ep91 has just failed its MOT on emissions (second year in a row ffs emissons!)

Turns out my exhaust system has holes in it and i need a new one.

The guys at my garage are saying its gonna be everything from the cat back and then also the pipe with a bit of flexi going towards the engine.

Ive been looking at TD's cat back system http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=271

but im not sure what to do about this pipe with the flexi!

my exhaust system has come fitted on the car from japan. its a bit of a trumpet so wont mind replacing it anyway but not sure if this pipe with the flexi is OE or aftermarket as well

Any advice on getting one of these or any other suggestions / info about this exhaust would be class.

cheers guys gonna get some photos of this flexi up too

Sorry mate I could have just been desciribing it weirdly. does this look more familiar or is mine just an odd one to you? Ill get my emissions results up in a sec but im pretty sure they're testing it the right way

image.thumb.png.71a989ad8286308f1159a01a42f305c1.png

by the way I prob should have mentioned its a 96 model and does have to pass the stricter Emissions tests compared to the years before.

I've got 0% chance of getting it through as a non cat test down this way they all say the same thing :(

Had a fun time learning about all that last year haha

image.thumb.png.69a8402d281bde40a2e47e6d866ef1f4.png

Edited by Jwood91

Akayaka - yeah its a glanza v - Thanks for the info man (think you gave me this last year when i needed help so I appreciate you digging it out for me)

I looked into this loaaads back then and unfortunately its not legally the case

If your Glanza was first used on uk roads on or after 1st July 1995 where the engine code cannot be identified, then it needs to pass the basic cat test. the 0.5% at idle and 0.3% at fast idle one. this changed after the diagram you've pasted came out. - Updated handbook Here - Pages 4 and 12 have the bits on there showing relevent info

If your garage is happy to go by the old rules then fairplay man i wish mine would too but they've changed the rules and by the book it now has to be a cat test B0

Literally no chance of me convincing people round here. could travel though! haha

Edited by Jwood91