I have the 4efte out of a ep82 gt starlet and replaced the ep91 4efe what are some key things I should prior to the wiring up was going to standard distributor for now or should just fit cop now

Well you will need all the key components for an EFI system to run, trigger inputs, map, tps, temps, injectors, coils etc etc, but they are easy to work out from the ECU pinouts online.

You can use the dizzy if you like, however if going standalone its worth swapping to COP, namely for knock control id say, however there are plenty other benefits too.

have not got my car going yet but the plan is....

skyline spec 1 throttle position sensor, oil pressure sensor, wideband , intake air temp, wideband, coolant temp

(I've probably missed one or two) Most of the old toyota sensors are gonna be on their way out and half \arent needed on standalone

link atom can run coil packs too 

Really is the tps straight bolt up is it variable or open close was just going to use what is there get it up and running and replace as it fails I work for Toyota so can match with new stuff as for size and work out wiring later. What's with the wideband differences 

Id avoid an Atom on a boosted car personally if you can, only has open loop boost control so very limited. Like you say you then dont' have much I/O either but it does work.

You can use a switch type, open/closed TPS as the main load axis is MAP, however again, its not recommended as the majority of the other strategies work of TPS %, so you really want to change to a variable TPS.

25 minutes ago, Bolts said:

What tps would you recommend any straight bolt up 

page 3     Simple modification to fit skyline rb spec 1 tps    its a % tps

35 minutes ago, RobSR said:

Id avoid an Atom on a boosted car personally if you can, only has open loop boost control so very limited. Like you say you then dont' have much I/O either but it does work.

You can use a switch type, open/closed TPS as the main load axis is MAP, however again, its not recommended as the majority of the other strategies work of TPS %, so you really want to change to a variable TPS.

i agree if you want to spend the cash certainly go for the other ecus. just depends what you want 

Cars.... everything comes down to money

Edited by Ryan.Truesdale
12 hours ago, Bolts said:

Great thanks for the info with that tps what's the go with the wires out the top do you use them or the tps main part

you use the part with the wires the other plug is for the automatic gearbox in the skyline

Image result for spec 1 skyline tpsthis is the one you want make sure its a spec 1

i have more information saved on my phone ill pm you my number message me on whatsapp 

• 2 years later...