Link monsoon into na ep91 with 4efte

Can someone please let me know do I leave the 4efe ecu in the car when using a stand alone I'm using a link monsoon to run my 4efte in my  ep91 but do I need the ecu for cabin wiring or do I just unpin the efi and map sensor and leave it there

Edited by Bolts

Yes you will still leave the wiring there. Connect the necessary wires you need from the original ECU loom to the Monsoon. 

Its the small plug that runs in the chassis loom (16 pin) You need vBatt, FP relay, EML, Speed signal etc from this plug.

• 4 years later...
On 4/2/2019 at 10:13 AM, RobSR said:

Yes you will still leave the wiring there. Connect the necessary wires you need from the original ECU loom to the Monsoon. 

Its the small plug that runs in the chassis loom (16 pin) You need vBatt, FP relay, EML, Speed signal etc from this plug.

I was wondering if there are base map files for the MonsoonX Link for 4efte ep91. I hope that someone can help. P.S.  is there a way to read a stock fte ECU?

On 11/25/2023 at 1:16 AM, Frankieflowers said:

I was wondering if there are base map files for the MonsoonX Link for 4efte ep91. I hope that someone can help. P.S.  is there a way to read a stock fte ECU?

I have my own basemaps, Link don’t supply one for 4E 

No I don’t believe anyone can read a file from the stock ecu 

On 11/28/2023 at 11:57 PM, RobSR said:

I have my own basemaps, Link don’t supply one for 4E 

No I don’t believe anyone can read a file from the stock ecu 

Thank you. What do you suggest me to do? Buy Link MonsoonX or go with a EMU Classic? I have to be sure I have a base map to start the engine. 

On 4/2/2019 at 10:13 AM, RobSR said:

I was told that MonsoonX might be able to manage the 5V output for the A/C computer. What do you think?

i would go coil on plug and will have oil pressure, oil temp and boost gauges running independent from the ECU. I want to be sure I will have enough outputs for the A/C IDLE signal. 

• 2 weeks later...

You need 1 input and 1 output for the A/C, outputs won’t be a problem but inputs can fill up relatively quickly on the monsoon if you start adding a lot of additional sensors. 

If you were looking at EMU I’d go black not classic, Link Monsoon you could just about do it, or look at a Storm or even Haltech Elite