how reliable are forged engines?

21 minutes ago, Mk3 silver gt said:

I have a tuning developments forged engine run in by them and still going strong 4 years later and 30,000 odd miles and no problems.

used as a daily? was thinking of there 2 stage engine with a tdo4 turbo wont be heavily ragged as i care too much any contributing mods that you recommend... really trying to get my head in oil ahaha

Screenshot_20190410-184756_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190410-185116_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190410-185607_Chrome.jpg

If your wanting to daily I'd stick with the stock engine imo forged lumps like oil changes alot I do mine every 2k youed also want decent stopping power ie ksport wms willwood ect an aftermarket diff thrown into the mix. I see you want td04 that's another cost with turbo manifold and waste gate. Intercool to suit td04 exhaust system to suit your set up uprated injectors full pump and regularor. Boost controller. Oil temp pressure and water temp gauges to keep an eye on everything 5k won't get you much. Tbh you be better off finding a forged starlet that's already been built. At a guess I'd say I've spent in excess of 20k on mine over the years.  

2 hours ago, akyakapotter said:

If your wanting to daily I'd stick with the stock engine imo forged lumps like oil changes alot I do mine every 2k youed also want decent stopping power ie ksport wms willwood ect an aftermarket diff thrown into the mix. I see you want td04 that's another cost with turbo manifold and waste gate. Intercool to suit td04 exhaust system to suit your set up uprated injectors full pump and regularor. Boost controller. Oil temp pressure and water temp gauges to keep an eye on everything 5k won't get you much. Tbh you be better off finding a forged starlet that's already been built. At a guess I'd say I've spent in excess of 20k on mine over the years.  

11 hours ago, Mk3 silver gt said:

I have a tuning developments forged engine run in by them and still going strong 4 years later and 30,000 odd miles and no 

want it built bot bourght am willing too spend over 5k but want a solid reliable car only be doing about 5k miles a year but do want it around the 300bhp mark

On 4/14/2019 at 11:08 PM, agilep1 said:

used as a daily? was thinking of there 2 stage engine with a tdo4 turbo wont be heavily ragged as i care too much any contributing mods that you recommend... really trying to get my head in oil ahaha

Screenshot_20190410-184756_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190410-185116_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190410-185607_Chrome.jpg

Its a stage 2 lump but i got them to run it in aswell and i use it daily and have done for 4 years straight. Don't get that clutch there crap I've had problems with that one with the friction plate and the springs in it so replaced it with orc 309 item but other than that, it's the most reliable engine I've ever had