So I'm almost ready for my forged glanza to be road worthy and start mapping. I've no idea what these engines can take in terms of revs? I have TD uprated valve springs and a WEPR hybrid td04 on a forged 4E. Does 8250rpm seem about right? I'm completely clueless what these are capable of

What rods are you running and is it all dynamically balanced, inc clutch and pulley?

Last engine I did with Scat rods, all the rotating assembly balanced, stiffer valve springs etc was to 8500rpm.

All the pressures and temps were fine as oil pumps can start to become an issue if you push really hard.

If you’re on a stock cam and TD04 however you won’t need to rev it past 8k anyway. Won’t still making power.

5 hours ago, RobSR said:

What rods are you running and is it all dynamically balanced, inc clutch and pulley?

Last engine I did with Scat rods, all the rotating assembly balanced, stiffer valve springs etc was to 8500rpm.

All the pressures and temps were fine as oil pumps can start to become an issue if you push really hard.

If you’re on a stock cam and TD04 however you won’t need to rev it past 8k anyway. Won’t still making power.

I've no idea tbh mate, bought the car relatively cheaply. Engine was built by TMD about 10yrs ago but done next to no mileage, so who knows how they built it. Yeh its SCAT rods, not my first choice but they seem popular in starbos. Well at least I know 8k is where I can sensibly stay, maybe push a little more and have an 8k shift point

TMD engines were good, however back then they were built as fairly low compression engines as there was no ARP headbolts. Scat rods are one of the better ones to run as they use the bigger rod bolts.

See what the engine is doing on the dyno, no point pushing it north of 8 when you have no power there and putting unnecessary stress on it. 

1 hour ago, RobSR said:

TMD engines were good, however back then they were built as fairly low compression engines as there was no ARP headbolts. Scat rods are one of the better ones to run as they use the bigger rod bolts.

See what the engine is doing on the dyno, no point pushing it north of 8 when you have no power there and putting unnecessary stress on it. 

I did notice on the spec sheet it said low comp Wiseco pistons, I can presume these are the 8.0:1 ones. With the 1.4mm headgasket I reckon the compression ratio is very low indeed. I'll have to wait till my ME221 turns up and see what that means in terms of drivability