New To The Forum! My Starlets Story And Questions

Hello

Im a starlet owner from Derbyshire

I've wanted a starlet ever since i saw one on my paper round when i was 14 or 15 and got one as my first car and its my pride and joy

I bought it for 450£ with 51k on the clock the man was in his 80s and had to give up driving but you could tell he didnt wanted to give it up the car. Pretty much all standard all ive done to it was a new sound system and i managed to find a parcel shelf from an SR which now has FLI speakers in as well as front and a cone airfliter which really gave the car alot of character and turns heads when you but your footdown with people thinking "did that sound just come out of that?"

But the questions i have are how much oil does the gearbox and engine take?

Cheers

fleming_lad-1557083467514.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! That's one clean looking Starlet you have there :)

Best to check yourself as I am not 100% sure, but Engine should be around 3.2L (at least my EFTE took that much) and the gearbox (Manual) is around 2L

Hopefully this link works for you: http://www.datateck.com.au/lube/CastrolRetailNzl/

I haven't personally replaced the gearbox oil myself, but for the engine oil, I get a 4L bottle of Castrol Magnetec and after dropping the oil and changing the filter, add 2L in and then start checking the dip stick. You don't want to be over filling the engine with oil.