Starlet Electric Window Conversion

Im looking in to fitting electric windows to the starlet once i get door cards with the controls in and i wondered if anyone has done it that has any tips or horror storys

Is it worth getting an universal kit or finding genuine parts? Is it a ballache? Is there connections in the dash that it can connect to? Can you get proper starlet kits instead of universal one? Can you get gromits to fit over the winders once its fitted

Edited by Fleminglad

What model is it for? If ep8* or 91 then just get the genuine bits and door cards, sometimes you'll have the wiring to just plug into otherwise you will need to make your own loom.

Its fairly self contained so only needs wires going between drivers and passengers switches then a power and ground to the drivers switch. 

Did what you said and came across these

Are just the connections?

As i was looking i couldnt see a spot where the loom could get in to the car and im not fond of drilling holes any suggestions

Snapchat-79550066.jpg

Snapchat-62316328.jpg

Edited by Fleminglad

They look like them, there might be a control box and a relay need too, that go under the dash but im not sure where, someone breaking a car might be able to advise.

as for the hole is there not a rubber bung behind the door shuts?