Levin Twin Pot Conversion

I had a look laat night for someone else regarding this.

The correct pads would be st202 but the dimensions for all were very close.

St202 celica 141x63x17

Ae111 Levin 141x57x15

Sw20 Mr2 141x57x15

What's the best pads to get in any of these fitments ds2500, mintex 1144, yellow stuff?

Mainly track work odd Sunday drive

Someone mentioned ds1.11 for track work, they are a competition pad used in several race series.

If youre not looking for anything quite as hardcore. Ds3000, stoptech, carbotech.

Then for more fast road id look at what you mentioned.

Im sure theres plenty more options out there its just what you can get for this carriers. Some companies can use old backing plates and stick there friction material to them.

• 2 years later...
On 03/10/2015, 16:12:49, morgey said:

Use st202 celica gt carriers and you can use 275mm discs with levin twinpots

Can anyone confirm if it's the single pot or twin pot celica st202 carriers you need to use the bigger 275mm discs?

Cheers, not sure if I'm just going to use the levin carriers or if I'm gonna try and get celica carriers yet but just wanted to know in case I do want some. Didn't realise the st202 came with 2 different types of suspension/brakes but then I know nothing about them.

22 hours ago, SpoonalTap said:

Can anyone confirm if it's the single pot or twin pot celica st202 carriers you need to use the bigger 275mm discs?

i run celica st202 twin pot calipers along with celica st202 carriers and celica brake pads

my discs are Astra 280mm discs which were lathe down to 277mm to fit---you would need to do a search to find the part numbers, its all on here

also you need a spigot ring to convert the 60mm centre bore of the astra disc to 55/54mm of the starlet

On 6/17/2018, 9:34:46, morgey said:

single pot carriers. They bolt up to Levin twin pot calipers. Then you just need the astra discs turned down with spigot rings or Levin/T-sport discs with spacers behind them. 

Grand that's what I was after, had to buy some other things so think I'll just stick to the levin carriers and smaller discs the now unless I find some carriers cheap.

• 1 month later...

Hey again, I bought 245mm astra discs because I didn't want to go to the trouble of sourcing celica carriers so I decided to stick with the levin ones and use smaller discs. Well those discs wouldn't fit onto the hub so I got the inner part machined to clear the hub and this happened.

4vOVkQJ.jpg

So I've bought MR2 discs, fit great so just need to source spacers now.  Don't suppose anyone happens to know where to get ones that will work?

On the lathe thankfully, to be fair we went a extra mm just to make sure it would clear the hub so we took too much off of it but don't want to think about what might have happened if it was fitted to the car.

For reference the left one is the uncut one and the right one we put on the lathe.

92M0Su6.jpg

Edited by SpoonalTap