After a year with the n/a although i was sad to see it go it was time to make the move to a Glanza. This was the first one and only one i went to see and was exactly what i wanted. Spec list it came with was:

HKS HI Silent cat back exhaust

TRD Coilovers with adjustable top mounts

Nardi Steering Wheel

Some jap alloys

Greddy turbo timer

Rear tints

118000km, full jap service history although I have no idea what it all says and a standard engine apart from a HKS pannel filter.

Here are the pics of it in japan:

743b_27.jpg

7489_27.jpg

74c0_27.jpg

7500_27.jpg

7538_27.jpg

757e_27.jpg

I picked it up last thursday and have not stopped driving it since, i absolutly love boost and the amount of power these things have even as standard.

This was driving it home

DSC00182.jpg

Since having it home ive added an apexi boost gauge and bailey dump valve as well as a few other little bits.

Then taken loads of pics today:

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

Not too sure what exact alloys these are, they have schneider on the centre caps but cant find any info on them.

IMG_1283.jpg

Apexi Boost gauge, boosts to 0.7 bar at the moment which im happy with till i get used to the car.

Now I need a little bit of help, first how do you get to the bulbs for the front fogs? because ive got one out and couldnt work out how to get to them and didnt wnt to break anything.....

Also whats this and what does it do, is it standard? It just dont look very standard compared to the rest of the engine bay.....

Its the red/blue thing, its to the top left of the bay has like a big bolt on it that looks like it can be adjusted.....

IMG_1294.jpg

There are a few little niggles that need sorting like the rear exhaust shield has fallen onto the exhaust and squeaks against the exhaust so that needs sorting.

One other thing my brakes feel crap in this car worse than the n/a to be honest, now it had new disks and pads before i picked it up, do they just take time to bed in or are Glanza brakes just shite?

Also how do you test to see if it has LSD? Becasue this car handles so so so so so much better than the n/a and so so so so much better than i thought it would. It just seems to grip all the way where the n/a would start loosing grip. I knew exactly where the limits were on the n/a and ive pushed this car way further and it never even felt close to the limit.....the steering also feels heavier than the n/a did, this normal?

Future plans are going to be firstly the brakes sorting out then getting it to a steady 1 bar boost with mods to accomodate.....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks absolutley mint mate!!

I believe Markoos has the same wheels they look great B)

I dont like the way the exhaust doesnt sit flush with the bumper though, not seen a Silent power look like that before

Other than that it looks lush

The blue and red thing looks like a Cusco Brake Cylinder Stopper, and to test for LSD jack the car up and spin the one wheel, if the other one goes in the same direction then it has LSD ;)

Looking good mate, wheels are nice, need to get that engine bay cleaned though!

To get to the foglight bulbs its easiest to take the bumper off as there's a fiddly clip that needs undone to release the bulbs. The blue thing is a cusco brake master cylinder stopper (bmcs) if the brakes are crap they may just need bled properly especially if the pads have just been changed.

To check if it has an lsd jack up one side of the car and try to turn the front wheel thats in the air (out of gear) if it won't then you have an lsd. You can also find out from the vin plate if its a stock one but I can't remember the code!

Good luck with it mate, enjoy the boost!;)

Yeah the exhaust is my list of things to sort, need to sort the exhaust shield then sort why its not sitting flush, on the pics of it in japan it sticks out way more than it does now....it also keeps browning the bumper now so it defo needs sorting.

Wheels are 'FinalSpeed' rims, or Ultralight as they're rebranded here, either way they're decent lightweight wheels.

the blue thing is a Cusco BMCS indeed, makes quite a difference usually (your brakes would feel even worse without it).

if they're shit then they may need bleeding, might be some air in the system, they aren't great out of the box tbh but it may be that they need the correct bedding in thingy to get em spot on, if they're stock pads then it may just be that they're shit, either that or you have a sticky caliper.

LSD you can tell by reading the VIN plate at the gbox details, or as above, jack the front end up and spin the wheels. I doubt it has looking at it but you never know, someone may have put one in, check the VIN plate and jack it up anyway to have a gander.

mice example pal, saw you pulling out of rawmarsh industrial estate earlyer today, but you was long gone before i realised it was A) a glanza and ;) you lol

ill have a gander next time your out or something.

PS mini photoshoot ?? lol

mice example pal, saw you pulling out of rawmarsh industrial estate earlyer today, but you was long gone before i realised it was A) a glanza and ;) you lol

ill have a gander next time your out or something.

PS mini photoshoot ?? lol

Yeah noticed you too at the last second haha....let us know next time your out and yeah defo a mini photoshoot sometime....

Niceee. How fast does it feel compared to your n.a???

Its way way way faster than the n/a more than i was ever expecting, feels nothing like the n/a to drive it seems so much bigger and so much more planted to the road and boost is mint dont think ill ever want to go back to a n/a car. If you get the chance get one do it you wouldnt regret it.

Ive also noticed they seem to be a bit of a subaru magnet, never happened in the n/a haha...

Thanks for all the comments. Latest mod has been a Viper 480xv Cat 1 alarm with built in turbo timer and proximity sensors. So i now can feel safe leaving the car out and about. Also put the short shifter in from the n/a and my ZEP carbon fibre centre console. I have some fresh Glanza stickers on order as well as a new HKS (style haha) dump valve that should be here today. Exhaust should be getting sorted this weekend too.

Plans for the future are going to be sorting the brakes with 3g disks and mintex pads. Decat and manifold with actuator running a steady 0.8 bar. I really dont like fmic's so untill i decide to like them ill be sticking with the top mount and I dont think it will be able to handle more than 0.8 bar boost. (can someone let me know if standard top mount will be ok with 0.8 bar)

After ive forced myself to get a front mount and with some fueling mods plan is to go to 1 bar untill the turbo dies then get a hybrid.

Also going to take 1st gear restriction off this weekend and see if it fuel cuts.

In regards to this restriction thing i was under the impression in was restricted in 1st AND 2nd gear? In my car 1st boosts to about 0.3 bar then 2nd to 0.65 then the rest to 0.7. Seems 2nd is not really restricted at all. Should 2nd be more restricted or have i got confused somewhere?

Good progress already, the stock tmic should be fine at 0.8bar. I f you really don't like the fmic's then you could find an arc tmic and use that, it would do the job nicely. <_<

Yeah ive read a few bit n bobs about these arc top mounts ages ago but never really looked into it, ill do a bit of research this afternoon and see what the crack is with them. Thanks for the sugestion.... :D

yeah the arc is a good option, they look lush as well. not tried one myself but i know someone who is running good power on one.

looks very good mate. if you fancy swapping that exhaust for a blitz nurspec give me a shout, i like yours much better

like i said on msn pal the stock top mount would be good for 0.8bar and also like i said on msn ARC top mount if you dont like front mounts, you can pick them up for roughly the same price as a front mount aswell

that boost issue sound slike a really really weak actuator or even a sticky one (mine was very stick, stuck halfway open etc)

ill have a look next time your out

like i said on msn pal the stock top mount would be good for 0.8bar and also like i said on msn ARC top mount if you dont like front mounts, you can pick them up for roughly the same price as a front mount aswell

that boost issue sound slike a really really weak actuator or even a sticky one (mine was very stick, stuck halfway open etc)

ill have a look next time your out

Yeah that would be good, sure you was behind me earlier tonight haha...?

I took the boost restriction off tonight too and its now running 0.8 bar in every gear, anyone know if 0.8 is safe on a fully standard engine?

Well its just gone in for the exhaust sorting......turns out its f*cked basically, centre box is fully mashed in, looks like it must have hapened in transit to the uk, thats what caused the whole system to move under which has then crushed all the flexi bit together. Not happy that my HKS exhaust is now being choped to bits to try and get it sorted. Centre box is having to be cut out and ive opted for it to be replaced with pipe so hopefully will make it a bit louder as i didnt like it so quiet, new flex going in and the whole system hopefully going back to where it should be......

Picking it up this afternoon so will see what its like.....not happy either way.