• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great update, yea the screamer will sound pretty mint, ive got one. sounds like a jet fighter at full chat.!

what have you pissed about with on that setup. every journey must be a pleasure.

also the arb is a mint mod isnt it

take it you like to cain your ep judging by the cracks in the waistgate and the warped discs

have you got an antilift kit on it?

Pissed about with plenty of cars with this set up, had the turbo 5 mins and the first car i abolished was a 182 RS clio, CTR's and similar 2 litres are no prob, chasing an M5 at 120mph (on the track of course) was interesting, the divers face was a picture, think he expected to leave me for dust. Just the other day had a good blast with an import WRX impreza and an M5 both at the same time, ok I was never going past the M5 but I could definatly keep within 10 - 15 car lenths and get a lot closer on bends, was pretty much even with the WRX, when I was infront he wasnt getting past and when he was infront i wasnt getting passed, UK WRX's are a different story though. Plus you never really know how modded other peaples cars. It mint fun chasing such big cars when your in a 1.3 (All of that happend on tracks yeah).

Thing is i know there is much more potential in this turbo too, its only really holds 1.1 bar for a few seconds before its dropping off, so that could be sorted with an decent ebc. Also ive tried to run the turbo with a front mounted air filter, it boosts like crazy but isnt controlable, boost was still rising at 1.4 bar before i though fuck this and took my foot off. Kicked in like crazy though and boosted so quick. So i think with a ported wastegate and a front mounted air filter substantial gains could be made. The guy I got the kit off made 190 bhp and near enough as much torque with and air filter on very end of efi and the cat still in so the potential is definatly there.

Rear ARB still the best thing a bought for the car, transformed the whole car really. I wasnt looking forward to putting the soft KYB shocks on the back and having the stiff TRD's at the front but at slower speeds I do think there is an improvement, like as the back end goes down more in the corner it seems to let more onto the front and grip, high speeds it does lurch a bit though. Not got anti lift kit and to be honest its not something ive really looked into to be honest, a worthy mod?

Every journey really is a pleasure 50 mile round trip to work and back has never been so much funs, nothing better than boost to wake you up.. Tis better on fuel now too. And yes it does get cained most of the time but it sucks it all up and seems to love it.

i'd be inclined to stay clear of a screamer on such a small turbo to be honest, they sound like they're farting most of the time on anything thats relatively small. k1 is simply a modified turbo of similar size to stock, so only reason to get a screamer is with larger turbos, as they can sound so much better. it's your choice but just to let you know that screamers on small turbos do sound poop.

yea the anti lift kit is a choice mod for the price, if you can get a proper one from whiteline i highly recomend you get it fitted.

its up there with mod per buck next to the arb.

it increases stearing feel in wet/damp coniditions. a worthy mod in my book

ecksjay have you been in a hybrid kitted starlet with a screamer before?

i have, a few and in both cases they did not sound "poop" dude.

il give you a shot of my one down at jae and you can tell me what you think

My mate had a nightpager screamer on his CT9, he now has a TD04 external wastgate setup and to be honest i prefered the noise the CT9 made over the TD04, CT9 more high pitched and intense in my opinion.

Each to there own on these things really, i was just thinking it would sound a bit more crazy than a CT9 being a hybrid.

@Enzo Are you running an internal gate screamer or external with your hybrid?

ecksjay have you been in a hybrid kitted starlet with a screamer before?

i have, a few and in both cases they did not sound "poop" dude.

il give you a shot of my one down at jae and you can tell me what you think

hybrids are still ct9 size mate, they're very high pitched and just not nice, compared to nice big turbos like TD06's etc.

speaking of which, the only screamer i liked the sound of (on a starlet) was ricks, being a TD06, that sounded meaty. Ct9's (or hybrid variants) just sound too high pitched, lots of noise for not much go. i've been around/seen many, haven't actually been in the car though no, other than ricks ofcourse (starlets with screamers that is).

The best sounding screamer i've been involved with was on the tc-s14, HKS GT3037S with full hks mani and screamer, that thing was absolutely fucking savage.

Geo it's all personal preference at the end of the day, what one person likes the sound of, someone else might not. They sound wet and too high pitched for me, when compared to much larger and more powerful turbos. If someone hasn't had the experience of that or prefers it higher pitched, then thats their preference. Variety is the spice of life after all :thumbsup:

go with whatever YOU like mate, by all means get a listen to one and if you like it, then go for it, job's a goodun :p

Awsome update mate came along way :thumbsup:

Shame about the K1 gonna be hard to get that rebuilt, theres one for sale on TGTT not used since a full rebuild but its like £900 or something stupid

Keep up teh good work

i had screamer on ct9 (as stated above) and it sounded a treat on boost but as it was blowing off boost spoiled it really, now got screamer on my td04 setup and not keen on sound most of time i hold pedal just off screamer so you can here bine spooling and as exhaust is quite quiet it sounds a treat

put it this way if its screaming out of screamer bine isnt maxed out :thumbsup: lol

Awsome update mate came along way :thumbsup:

Shame about the K1 gonna be hard to get that rebuilt, theres one for sale on TGTT not used since a full rebuild but its like £900 or something stupid

Keep up teh good work

Yeah its wank about the K1, took the CT9 off because it had shagged seals then having had this a 2 weeks same thing again. Not going to get it fully rebuilt, can get the seals done and it put back together all balanced for sub £200.

Yeah primed it till oil was coming out of the return pipe, to be honest i dont think it was that healthy when i got it but its one of those things that you cant really do anything about.

Savage turbo though, would love to get that fully rebuilt one on tgtt but £900 is crazy expensive.

• 2 months later...

Update

K1 started smoking so i replaced it with my ct9, id never run the ct9 at high boost before so run it at 1.1 bar and loved it, even preffered it to the K1 for the super quick spool and initial pull it gives. So ported the wastegate on the ct9 and now have a front air filter set up running.

Was initially running it on a bleed valve to controllthe boost but decided to get a gizzmo ibc, savage device spools and holds boost very well, had a few probs with it at first but got them sorted and got a free gizzmo shift light out of it, will get pics of them soon. The CT9 is now running between 1.15 and 1.2 bar.

Anyway rolling road day today as organised by idrees pics and results are as follows:

Photo008.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

204.4 BHP and just over 210 torque

Apparently my injectors are maxing out, the last graph when they maxed out. No idea why they are as the should be no where near maxed out.

I know no one is going to believe that is acurate for a CT9, can hardly believe it myself but it was a good rolling road apparently, and no one seemed to have over the top results so i dunno.

seems to keep creating power after most ct9 graphs start to tail off and a high to say the least

you sure its not a hybrid lol

good result but i can get it into my head its way too high for ct9 figures, ide expect 170-180 mssx on that setup so your wheel figure is what ide expect at the fly tbqf

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well 2 years on since i first got the car here is a proper update of what has been done over the last year or so.

Nice new gear knob

4912626513_624d0c3942_z.jpg

New boost controller and abused the foooook out of the ct9, for a lil while anyway

4913233588_c3391707de_z.jpg

Got this cool lil shift light too, it was a freebie as my first gizzmo boost controller was fucked

4912740377_903b3fb9fa_z.jpg

Wired the shift light to this switch which replaced the aircon buttons, the red light comes on when it time for some boost, serves as a warning to passengers

4913232462_5ca0b5c71a_z.jpg

Chilled the boost a bit but the snow and fog didnt stop me much

4912629869_b2ff7ae775_z.jpg

Had the car on D2's and they slowed me down loads because there were so bumpy! They didnt even last a week before they were off but they did look good.

4912631359_01e283452a_z.jpg

New scoop

4913344196_f2ecf3f41a_z.jpg

Had the car in this state a few time trying to fix some super anoying rattles!

4913243600_ef90d06f82_z.jpg

Under the hood looks shite and will probably never get cleaned up but i did paint the brace pink!

4913241962_62af818b7b_z.jpg

New stoppers, went for a more street frindly setup as the other half uses the car too now

4912638235_83fc466b24_z.jpg

Painted the calipers silver too

4912746895_60cbfa5177_z.jpg

Has anyone evey notice standard rear pads have the original toyota logo on them, pretty cool and the rear calipers do too.

4913244724_194f3379d9_z.jpg

Im a big fan of a badly placed jdm decal, zep representing

4913323670_b7310c3efd_z.jpg

New throne, on a proper recaro rail too, sits you where you should be sitting

4912676031_f209aa13b1_z.jpg

How she stands now

4913251952_b424af9d77_z.jpg

No real future plans just keep it chilled and enjoy it, will have to see what parts come available and I do fancy a double din dvd player. Also pulled 196 bhp at the last rr day with a bit less boost which i'm more than happy with.