• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the assessor came out yesterday and did what he needed to do. He said he doesn't think it will be seeing the road again. The final decision doest lie with him, he just makes the report and sends it to my insurers who then make the final decision.

Its looking very much like a write off now. Anyone had any experience with write off's? Im guessing its going to be a ball ache getting them to pay out a decent ammount for it?

it is a ball ache gettin correct price. but... my mate got offered silly money for his evo. he then sent for sale adverts of similar mileage condition ones that were obv dearer then what insurence quoted for his car. they then paid the right price within a month.

My mates S15 was written off couple of weeks ago and now he just got the money for it, Insurances are bastards for handing out cash, they take ages and you got to keep on top of it of all times, They will see if everything is declared and if they find one thing they will feck you over.

As my mates case it was all declared and he was getting 11k for it back but when they phoned him and sent a letter they said 8k. He did get the whole amount but just keep on top of it if you know they are slacking

Also bad luck with the car man, sorry to say this but it did look like a minter as well, hope you get some good luck out of it :D

Sorry to hear about the crash mate. I've some parts left over that i didnt use when repairing my car like carsh bar, slam panel and other bits and bobs let us know if you need anything.

In my experience you never accept the first offer, and like Matt said you can argue the point of Sentimental value being attached to the car!

Sorry to see this bud, main thing is your okay!

Cheers

John