my ring lap uploaded onto youtube

Cheers chaps, Jay...that's sadly the tyres scrubbing the arch/inner arch definitely front...maybe rear aswell.

Paul the car at 5.45 was a Corsa OPC or VXR in this country...a few of those were flying round!. On the day I got overtaken by a few cars on the laps. Adam went on at 7.45pm just before they closed and had the whole thing to himself!

could you not raise it a bit at all mark? obv you're aware that being too low doesn't do anything for handling, you can get away with it being higher and it'll actually handle quicker, without scrubbing etc, or was it a case of incorrect wheel offsets etc?

Pretty sure my old glanza was lower and didnt suffer from scrubbing even at full lean, only once with a set of wheels that weren't quite perfect in regards to the offset. 10mins of scrubbage couldnt have done much good to the tyres :p

VBoi, damn straight I'm looking to improve the times next year. That was my second ever lap of the place at 8.34am...still in awe of the track and the other local users. I think that would pass next visit and by then I'll have sorted the scrub problem..I have to say I'm not really an aggressive driver, hardly ever foot to floor in every gear, on that lap you'll notice me changing gear a lot..in reality when I was in 4th cruising I should have been in 2nd-3rd at revs to keep the response and turbo spooled. My first lap was an 11.53 so over 1 min came off on lap 2.

I would feel confident saying that in the right hands (not neccessarily mine...although I'm working on that with race days etc) the EP would manage sub 8.30s no sweat...it wanted more than I could give it then. I know all about cornering and driving techniques, where to brake etc etc but on the 'Ring it all went to pot as I focused on the event.

Ecks, the susp is set perfectly by Sam @ TDi. It's the rims I'm sure and my arch liners are fucked anyway...LiveSport fenders to the rescue (and some serious - camber)

I have 100s more vids like that from the trip that I'll upload when I get round to it..tunnels in switzerland, the alps (in a ford fusion) etc.

:)

hm does definately sound like either too much camber or wrong offset of wheels, because as i said, the only scrubbing i got was with the wrong offset wheels, but even then, they had VERY chunky tyres on. Maybe with a better choice of wheel offset and camber setup, it'd be far more managable round the bends (i.e no scraping).

Chucking on loads of negative camber wont necessarily help, in fact it'd probably be a burden on the ring due to the intense difference in camber angles on the various parts of the circuit. From what i've heard, and from what i'm sure you can tell us, the camber and road angles cannot be replicated on games, and when you get there it's an entirely differen story. Thus much negative camber would prob just destroy the tyres even quicker :)

If we go next year, give it to tc-dave, he'll prob get round there before the clock actually started ticking, or close anyway :(

So Dave can drive then? I have skillz but only when the mood takes me..

I was running -2 on the fronts, will look into it but there's no way I'm changing the TC05s as they make me sex wee :)

The camber on the 'Ring I didn't massively notice...I noticed more the G's and how steep parts were, serious upy and downy bits. You can see our hotel at Adenau on the video, that's where we kept joining at.

i had the exact same problem as you. to cure it i took the 2 bolts out of the arch liner that are right at the edge, then jammed a pipe in between the wing and wheel then got my mate to drive the car backwards and forwards.1000% better. ive done a couple of trackdays since then and i havnt heard them scrub once.

no dont think they allow cams geo, mark had his well hidden :)

dave would smash yours round there mate, if it was setup for the track properly, he really would get the best out of the car. i don't protest to be able to drive particularly well, but he really can make the most of whats given to him, it is very nice to see people like him get so much out of a car.

-2 is a little aggressive, tbh there's no way you'l know until you get there. If you're trying to set good laps then ideally you want the correct offset wheels, just going with a certain set because they look good wont help you smash any times, and they'll just be a white blur when spinning. One thing or the other isn't it really ;)

If the fenders allow the wheels to sit comfortably even at full lean then it may give you room to play around and experiment with the camber setup (and toe etc), however if they're rubbing on the back then it may be worth putting some consideration into either pulling the arches out all round (with the bar trick mentioned above) or some more suitable offset wheels.

Be interesting either way mate, you have the package there, just needs some very fine tuning now to get everything brought together in a way it deserves, i.e actually overtaking those blasted opels

Yup, no cams allowed. They seemed fairly relaxed actually on the track, but at the main entry point there were marshalls just looking for obvious cams (not going round the car). If you use your bullet cams Enzo (but not obviously visible in the car etc) you should be fine. If they catch you, you may get a day ban but nothing too scary I don't think?

Top speed I reached on the final straight was 112mph..nothing too giddy...but then again the EP isn't really a wangan machine.

-2 was setup by TDi, they wanted to run more. It handled like a demon at that. I will track it with the fenders on etc and give it a shakedown before we make the trip again :)

I'm not finished with the car yet, I'm building quite a list again already (never 100% happy)

LiveSport fenders

Greddy Type R BOV (for when it runs higher boost)

11 point cage

chassis lightening

alloy fuel cell

custom gear shifter

I'm also going to FRP up some door cards for when I cut the door innards completely out.

Oh, one thing...this arch rolling method...any pics? I'm having trouble picturing the technique!!!

Cheers lover.

• 2 weeks later...

I get worse scrubbing than that lol and my front camber is nearly all the way over on the pillowball topmounts! think I need to raise it a bit!

If I had good brakes and the car setup I'd be there next year.... looks good fun.