Well i failed with only 1 major fault.

I was worried i was gonna fail on 3 point turn and reverse but i got them PERFECT. yes perfect with no faults. i got 3 minors for hesitation and speed (about 11 minors in all)

My instructor told me afterwards i got one of the strictest testers and i did well to impress with my maneuvores.

Now for the bad part, i got to a roundabout which i didnt know much about and he said 2nd exit left, so naturally i kept in the left lane and dropped into second because there was a car going out in front of me, so by the time i'd checked my mirrors i musn't of seen the arrow, which was a LEFT ONLY lane. I kept on going and took the 2nd left. And thats the sole thing i failed on.

My brother said to me, if i had taken first left by mistake, i would of passed because you can't be penalised for doing something safely.

Instructor rang me up and said he looked and i was plain unlucky with who i got and what happened. Ive rebooked for 19th November, which means ANOTHER day off work (i'll be at college at the time so even worse) and will cost me about another £100-150 in lessons with £56 for the test

Thats really unlucky Mat, you did everything else right.

Even I passed 2nd time, had something similar happen with a very strict tester.

You'll be grand mate, shame its gonna cost you again, will be worth it tho bud.

Keep the faith.

Joz

I didn't pass until my 3rd test mate, so chin up!

On my first one, I was failed because I was coming up to some Traffic lights, and was about 10 metre's from it and it turned orange but I still went through. This is because I was taught by my instructor that if you don't feel you have enough breaking distance without causing an accident then continue through. But they failed me.

Instructor told me they shouldnt of done but hey ho!

Good luck next time

I've explained to my dad what happened and he totally agreed with me and my instructor, you shouldn't be punished for something like that because its pure inexperience, i can drive safer than the popemobile chaffeur, but not knowing where anything is really fucks you. How is a learner who ISN'T allowed on the roads going to know where those roads are?

my dad said i will have to point him out when i see him lmao

As said above mate....chin up, practice how to deal with round abounts on you next few lessons and anything else you got a minor on i got 4 minor but i 100% believe i should have got 2 but thats luck for you...what if you get the same tester again? can you refuse n pick another?

As said above mate....chin up, practice how to deal with round abounts on you next few lessons and anything else you got a minor on i got 4 minor but i 100% believe i should have got 2 but thats luck for you...what if you get the same tester again? can you refuse n pick another?

im not sure, i hope i do get him actually because that way he knows he's ripped me off once already anyway and will get a big shock when i kick off if he fails me again

alot of people don't realise when they see me that i have a very short temper hehe. when i lost my last job, i smashed the fuck out of my room, so yeah, i don't take failure well lol

its ok, lets face it, the real cunts are the people who have their licenses, us lot who are learning are all better drivers IMO

Im with you on that one buddy!!!

Cause some c**t with a full licence wrote my car off and looked at me for being a LEARNER driver!

Some people dont realise that they was a LEARNER driver once

I havnt taken my test yet,so i dunno but you will be fine

But practice on your round abowts and you will be fine!

Im a learner and i should say I've driven more places then the average full licence person!

Maybe he was only pulling his leg, but its not a good thing to say to someone thats upset cause hes just failed his car test after all the effort hes put into it!

Least he was honest about failing too,he could of lied and said he had passed 1st time when he hadnt!

ive put nearly £1000 into trying to pass my test, a 1 hour lesson is £22 and ive had near the 40 hour reccomended amount of time which is about £800+ right there, plus the amount ive spent putting petrol in my own car to go out in and money spent to book theory test and now 2 tests (which is £56 a pop, so £112). I've also lost 2 days worth of pay and will lose a 3rd days.

People like to laugh at learners but the way i've learnt to drive ive been gas heavy and taking risks to get out of junctions quick. I made this thread to show how you can be punished for a mistake even an instructor/tester could make themselves with unfamiliarity.

Another example, the day my brother passed his test, he picked me up from school and we went driving for hours on end, we were in the centre of bradford when he decided to take a road which was the wrong one, so to turn around he went into an un-roadmarked high storey car park, as he was about to turn in, a car popped out and he was forced to spend the next 1-2 mins trying to turn around in a one way dead end. if he had known the bit he went to was an exit only area he wouldn't of made the mistake but there was no-one to tell him otherwise.

Woah is another £150 in lessons really necesary if you only failed for a stupid mistake?!?!

I would just have one the day before and in teh morning now if I was you :p

Oh and Ryno that fail thing doesnt even work tidy so FAIL!! ;)

Good luck next time bud :D