Evolution of my V 300bhp+ varis zep haltech vf34 etc.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I got into the Starlet scene 5 years ago when I bought a Ferrari red Toms kitted EP82 which I loved and as time passed I decided I was going to going to spend alot of money on it.

gt1.jpgDSC_1568.jpg

DSC_1567.jpg

DSC_1564.jpg

The same week I got the funds a neighbour had this cracking Glanza sitting in his driveway .So bought this car which is in a different league to my old gt but a great base to start from. But unfortunately two months down the line the engine went kaput:(. It was off the road for six months while I sourced an engine from Japan I did'nt want any from the breakers in Ireland. Eventually got one with 50000kms from an automatic lovely:) At this stage I'm completely skint really did bite off more than I could chew and my red GT was still going with its new owner never any hassle at all with it. But after many months of blood sweat and lots of tears and help from members here I was back on my feet ready to go at it again.

This is it the day I got it bit rough round the edges and a boot full of cement dust.

g3-3.jpgDSC_2288-2.jpg

There was no bov on it just a bunged hole so welded a flange onto the intercooler pipe to suite a Greddy type s I go sick of the ssqv from my last car also put in a catch can and painted rocker cover.

DSC_2133.jpg

DSC_2281.jpg

Next was a lick of paint to the calipers and got Rays decals made the old one were knackered.

DSC_2283.jpg

Out for a few pics

DSCF0385-2.jpgDSCF0424-1.jpg

I got sick of the old fmic rattling round with its home made pipes so Dane sorted me with a HDi kit which is great.

DSCF0574-1.jpgDSCF0576-1.jpgDSCF0577-1.jpg

Next was a bit of vandalisim with a traffic cone into the windscreen lovely!

DSCF0661.jpg

The old hazey head lights were next for the chop

DSCF0667.jpg

DSCF0666.jpgDSCF0668.jpg

DSCF0776.jpg

Time for a scrub down..

DSCF0750.jpg

DSCF0752.jpgDSCF0748.jpg

DSCF0744.jpg

DSCF0745.jpgDSCF0747.jpg

The next stage was to fit my Varis spoiler and Livesports skirts and get the front bumper fixed after haven a badger dent in it for

ages I was sick of my mates telling me sort it lol. I wanted to make the car my own by putting my touches to the outside. Truth be

told I prefer the back of the GT's.

DSCF0780.jpg

DSCF0781.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0819-1.jpg

DSCF0816.jpg

DSCF0827-1.jpg

SDC10197.jpg

DSCF0948.jpg

DSCF0849-1.jpg

DSCF0824-1.jpg

The bonnet was next got sick of the panda bear look.

SDC10050.jpg

I'm currently in the process of putting a hybrid on the car , the car engine wise has being left pretty much stanard due to our nct (mot) with their strict emission laws. So i passed anyway thanks to a cat our very own Jay supplied. At this stage I'm waiting on abit of 90 degree pipe for the turbine and an e-manege ultimate. So fingers crossed it will be 200bhp at the end of this month all going well. I have the pics of the engine change on my phone I'll get them up as soon as I know how:)

DSCF0990.jpg

2000191113a9821603032l.jpg

2000191113a9922919068l.jpg

update:25/01/09

I fitted the hybrid mani and downpipe yesterday FINALLY lol. Everything went pretty well nothing really difficult basically take out a few nuts and bolts. Could'nt believe the state of the wastegate on the ct9 three massive cracks and the manifold is in the same state cracked to bits. I've the hybrid running @ .5 until I get it mapped. Things I've learned , dont go changing turbos with a hang over it usually leads to reversing the car off the ramps when the bucket of old oil is still underneath what a mess! Things still to do are finish painting the spare rockercover put in the clutch and fuel pump wash the enginebay.Then up to Chris.:cool:

SDC10105.jpg

SDC10106.jpgSDC10108.jpgSDC10109.jpg

SDC10110.jpgSDC10111.jpgSDC10112.jpg

SDC10114.jpg

SDC10117.jpg

SDC10118.jpg

Update:14/02/09

Small update just fitted a painted rocker cover today have fuel rail the same colour but the weather did'nt hold up as usual.

004-1.jpg001-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Edited by Corey
Update:30/03/09

Well finally got the EMU installed thanks to Chris what a legend its set to a bar nice top top end power now I must say the timming is out though getting it sorted thursday so hopefully will be better.

074.jpg

Got new Rays center caps today after two years lol so I took off the decals what a nightmare those Rays stickers to get off. Also got this guy in the post with the center caps lol.

076.jpg

Gave it a clean after a week of serious abuse.

072.jpg

SDC10007.jpg

SDC10029.jpg

SDC10013.jpg

Cleaned the bay out

SDC10311.jpg

Update:13/10/09

Small update I got a new back bumper as the old one was a bit beat up while it was in I got rid of the wiper, lock and Glanza decals its a nice suttle touch imo. Also fitted a 22mm whiteline front arb and adjustable rear arb great difference to car I must say. Just got it through the nct/mot too massive thanks J 2 DA C for the lend of the ct9 setup. Heres some pics of work.:)

SDC10413.jpg

SDC10291.jpg

Before

DSCF0827-1.jpg

Now

SDC10288.jpg

SDC10289-1.jpg

update:22/02/11

Well its been a while I bought a set of these bad boys last year Rays te37 cups after years of searching but it did'nt work out for the best so I sold them on. Some of the rarest Rays to be had too. I put my old te37's back on.

SDC10336.jpg

SDC10381.jpg

Next thing to add was a vf34 ball bearing turbo with a zisco mani, down pipe and tial external wastegate bit of heat wrap too. I wanted to try something different so I choose this turbo it will be interesting to see what happens over the next while with it I hear good things I hear bad things one way to find out imo.

SDC10387.jpg

SDC10708.jpg

SDC10705.jpg

Some pics

SDC103202.jpg

SDC10688.jpg

SDC10679.jpg

SDC10682.jpg

SDC10694.jpg

Right so next thing up was to tighten it up so got a set of meisters ,new lower arms, new ball joints, track rods , whiteline ALK and a cusco lower arm brace (which is currently dying a slow and painful death on the roads lol) and braided lines not pictured. The car handles like a go cart now so pretty happy with it gonna get an adjustable panard rod soon having some clearance issues with the et20 rims.

SDC10723.jpg

My Rad got a hole in it so I got a new aluminium rad and slimline fin I like to upgrade what breaks lol some of the hawk eyes might notice the lsd box behind it too had it over a year sitting there did'nt want to put it on as I was waiting to sort a forged engine.

SDC10729.jpg

Rad fitted also you can see the custom carbon splitter which as fitted around the same time I got an inch taken out of the skirts by a mate so the align with the front bumper happy how they turned out.

SDC10747.jpg

I recently got a forged engine which is fitted along with the lsd box.

I have a set of billet cams there too not sure weather to fit them or sell them pretty happy with the setup as is just needs a map gonna aim for 300 but not chasing figures though just want to get the potential out of the setup I have which should make it r/r figures mean fuck all on the road imo. Currently sitting at 270bhp had a few issues on the rollers that need sorting think I pretty much have them sorted now though. Fitted a trust/greddy oil cooler and filter relocation kit would like to do some track days with it also put in some new gauges oil pressure/temp/and water temp to keep an eye on the new engine which is going great.

I gave the fmic a lick of paint the other day think it turned out a pretty well.

SDC10778.jpg

The te37's got sold last week I fitted a nice set of et20 dished wheels which I think look really well and thats a lot coming from me look what I did with the cups they did'nt last two days on the car. So here how it stands at the moment. :cool:

SDC10770.jpg

SDC10782.jpg

SDC108111.jpg

SDC10792.jpg

SDC10794.jpg

SDC10797.jpg
Edited by Corey
Update:19/5/11

Fitted an ultra racing on car adjustable panhard rod to align the rear wheels but I was'nt happy with it so I got a whitline after.

SDC10816.jpg

Saying I was at the rear I got some TMD poly bushes new discs cleaned it all up and put it all back together.

SDC10853.jpg

Finally took the finger out and cleaned/degreased the bay after all the work thats been done over the last few months

SDC10882.jpg

SDC10883.jpg

SDC10884.jpg

SDC10825.jpg

Its going for a full respray and getting the arches rolled for the new rims been a long slow journey so far I have the NCT on monday so have to put it back to the stock setup great.... After that it will be getting a proper map should be pretty much it for now.

Cheers for the look.:cool:

Update:11/7/11

Finally got round to getting a lick of paint by a mate whos a top class painter turned out great could'nt be happier. I got full respray the arches flared and rolled about 3/4 of an inch, skirts and rear splitter moulded on, removed the lines in the doors, deleted the antenna and got an internal one think it looks good without also carbon wrapped the top of the bumper and under sealed also new headlights and fogs it probably done more just cant think now. Gonna lower it tomorrow get it sitting shweet I'll get better pics and clean the wheels after.

port1028.jpg

port1034.jpg

port1031.jpg

port1038.jpg

port1037.jpg

port1036.jpg

port1041.jpg

port1033.jpg

port1045.jpg

port1044-Copy.jpg

port1040.jpg

And the finished article

SDC10886.jpg

SDC10890.jpg

SDC10891.jpg

SDC10894.jpg

SDC10892.jpg

SDC10889.jpg

SDC10887.jpg

and lowered

SDC10895.jpg

SDC10896.jpg

SDC10897.jpg

SDC10898.jpg

SDC10904.jpg

SDC10662.jpg

So need to get another map on it soon try and get it running to its full potential. Thats pretty much it for now

Took a few snaps had to try and get it ready for japfest will probably be filthy when it gets to mondello typical Ireland I suppose lol.

SDC10666.jpg

SDC10667.jpg

SDC10668.jpg

SDC10669.jpg

SDC10672.jpg

SDC10676.jpg

Unfortunately did'nt get to go to japfest came out to the car in the hotel carpark in naas found the door bent open. They tried to rob it the fuckers wrecked the door and new paint job robbed the emanage and the avcr was gutted tbh. Took 3 hours to try and get it started because all the wires were broke or damaged at the ecu limped home on the 550's cost a bomb on fuel sickened is an understatement.

Stuck a screw driver down the door and bent it open usen their knee as a lever

SDC10681.jpg

Anyway moving on from that shit I got another black avcr after serious hunting and a standalone to replace the e-manege. Sweet bit of kit for the coin a Haltech sprint 500 tiny too lol.

SDC10679-1.jpg

Got it all wired in needs to be properly setup up though just has a basic map at a bar an revs limited to 6k I was suprised how nippy it is even at that slight bit quicker than e46 m3 lol roll on big boost if I ever get the finger out.

SDC10701-1.jpg

29/5/2012

Small update lol still not mapped havent got a chance could make an appearance at the big meet mapped though might make me like the car again longer it goes the more I'm loosen interest.

Just wired in a sneaky wideband in the glovebox only place I could think of putting it is a must though imo.

SDC10758.jpg

I fired the battery into the boot not sure why tbh boredom is an awful thing had a load of cable in the shed so I put it to some use.

SDC10754-1.jpg

Bay needs some tlc tbh

SDC10755-2.jpg

Edited by Corey
15/8/2012

Got it back after it was away for a while getting work done and the door fixed.

SDC10759.jpg

SDC10760.jpg

SDC10763-2.jpg

SDC10769-1.jpg

SDC10775.jpg

And back to rot n the driveway again lol

SDC10779.jpg

Got wee bit done to the driveway ornament saying the weather was good stuck a new rocker cover, inlet and fuel rail on painted the p/s pump made a carbon blanking plate for the where the battery sits also changed the top rad hose basically a tidy of the bay pretty much pissing into the wind imo gonna be wank again in a month or two lol. Changed the box oil too.

Before

SDC10755-2.jpg

After

SDC10782-1.jpg

SDC10785.jpg

SDC10783-1.jpg

SDC10781.jpg

As you can see no difference lol

Picked these up too

SDC10786.jpg

10/9/2012

Cars all mapped up FINALLY thanks to Chris done and epic job with it goes like fook at 1.7 wont be running it up there but it can do it though lol. I dont think I've been in anything as quick tbh hard to know though been a while since I've been in anything quick. It was dynoed at 270 with a rough rich map on the emu with barely any timing a long time ago as said above. Its now running more boost, more timing and way better map on a stand alone. It drives so well normally which I'm really happy with like a stock setup ticks over like a mouse's heart beat.

Had it to Japfest its first ever show had a good day with it the drive up was fun too over the moon with it for the first time.

This will probably be one of the last updates on it nothing really left to do with it now only enjoy and maintain it. I will be getting the wheels painted 040 at some stage as they're pearl white they look a bit yellow compared to the car. 5 years getting there a long time but this is it for now hopefully.

Couple of pics of it all blinged up for the show I'd say you have enough of them at this stage.

SDC10813-1.jpg

SDC10814-1.jpgSDC10818.jpgSDC10819-1.jpg

The only pic I have of it at japfest cheers to Mark for it hope you dont mind me using it I'm the person creeping in the chair behind it lol

dsc0745g.jpg

Some spec on it probably missing something

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE

Block Bored 0.5mm and decked

Notched to clear steel Rods

Head Skimmed

Valves Re-Seated - 3 Angle Vavle Seats

Wiseco 74.5mm Pistons, 10cc Dish

Scat Rods

ACL Bearings

ARP headbolts

1.2mm ZEP Head Gasket

Zisco mani and down pipe

Tial external wastgate

Braided oil and waterlines

ihi vf34 turbo

KAKIMOTO R exhaust

Powerflex exhaust mounts

Powerflex engine mounts

APEXi 1.3 bar Rad cap

HKS mushroom filter

HKS Oil catch tank

HKS Oil filler cap

Golpher aluminium rad

Spal slimline fan

HDI FMIC

MAGNECORE HT 8mm Plug leads

NGK Range 8 Iridium plugs

Trust blacktop TYPE S BOV

WALBRO 255 L/H Fuel Pump

SPS clear belt cover

Trust oil cooler and remote oil filter relocation kit

Eletronics

Haltech sprint 500 standalone

Field one touch harness

Nissan Skyline GTR tps

Aem wideband also wired to the standalone

Trust 3 bar map sensor

Sard 550cc injectors sequentially setup

APEXi boost gauge

No name oil temp/pressure gauges

Water temp gauges

APEXi AVCR black edition

APEXi Auto Timer Turbo timer

DRIVETRAIN

Factory lsd box

Exedy clutch kit

SPS short shifter

HANDLING/CHASSIS

Meister zeta R coilovers

BRIDGESTONE potenza Tyres

OEM Rear Strut

Zep c-pillar bar

Whiteline 22mm front arb

Whiteline panhard rod

Whiteline adjustable rear arb

Whiteline ALK

TMD rear beam poly bushes

Cusco lower arm brace

Anodized red BMS

HEL braided brake lines

3g Grooved discs

STYLING/BODY

Genuine VARIS bumper

Genuine ZEP Racing skirts custom modified to align with front bumper

Genuine VARIS spoiler

GLANZA S BONNET

OEM MID SPOILER

OEM REAR SPLITTER

Phillips 6k HID HEADLIGHTS

Custom carbon splitter diffuser

Full respray in 040 super white

skirts and rear splitter moulded on

arches rolled and flared

Door lines deleted

Antenna deleted

Flushed Bootlid

undersealed with shtuz

New lights and fogs

Reflect rear lights

INTERIOR.

RECARO seats not sure on model never seen them before

MOMO coarse knob

MOMO pedal

TYPE R steering wheel

Quick release boss

JVC dvd headunit

PIONEER 6x9's

PIONEER 10cm

NOKIA HANDSFREE

HKS HARNESS PADS

Indigo dials

Factory armrest

TRD clock surround

TRD radio surround and window switches

Edited by Corey

Its away getting the door and what not fixed at the moment its getting a full detail while its there hard to believe its only a year since it was painted the paint is in a sorry state from just lying up in the driveway the last while. It will be taking a trip up to Chris when its back so hopefully get it running to its full potential finally.

Good to see you stuck with it mate :) and thanks for the update, would be good to see it make a trip over to JAE this year.

John