Hi All,

Bit bored today so thought i would start a topic of a build Diary for Project 'DeathWish' as im sure some of you might be interested. I think this is probably the best section to put this into as it doesn't really come under any other section, not really a glanza/starlet although i am butchering almost a whole one to make this thing.

History:

Car was bought by me and a friend last February (2008) off of ebay for £1158. It was originally owned by Essex council and was part of a project to keep convicted chavs off the streets and give them something constructive to do. Needless to say it was a mess!

The car came with loads of bits, most of which we didn't need and everything had to be stripped down and started again as nothing was done properly. It has been given new brakes all round, new brake lines, rebuilt 998cc engine (now getting changed for 4EFTE) and so on.

About a month ago my friend decided that he doesn't want to do this project any more and i have bought him out and now own the car myself.

Its currently being built up for the new IVA inspection and will hopefully be on the road sometime later in the year, hopefully late summer!

Here are a few pics of what it currently looks like, although there have been several changes since this but these are the most up to date pics i have :drunk2:

n587840472_5027686_8325.jpg

Complete mess with all the extra bits that we got with the car!

n587840472_3512154_2029.jpg

It really is this small, i like this picture as you can see the tiny size of it compared to my mate!

n587840472_3512152_1499.jpg

With the old 998cc mini engine, very soon to be gone :)

Will update next weekend when i get a chance to work on the car and start stripping bits off of it to make way for the 4EFTE and the continuing madness. :surrender:

Jason

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that thing will shift, what is the total weight going to be for it? cant wait to see it finished.

No real data to go on as there is less than 30 of these kits in existance i believe. Have read that its 720kg total weight but i believe that is over compensating for the IVA test and plus the mini has a heavy iron block thats coming out and te starlet one going in.

I won't know for certain till its almost done, i will be replacing alot of the parts with carbon etc to get the weight low as possible and im sure i can probably get it below 700kg when done!

Jason :surrender:

good project mate. dont supposed you rang Midland Turbo the other day asking for advice on ct9s and 4efte engines?

No not me????

Most of the engine transplant side of things will be getting done by ToyotaGT, in fact they are sort of sponsoring in the work. :surrender: i Believe they know there way round the engine pretty well so should have no problem with much of it.

Jason :drunk2:

W...T...F.... this thing is gunna be insane. like no other word for it... definatly keepin my eyes on this, just do us one favour.. make sure this is nothing short of pure evil when its done!!

Thanks! Im pretty sure it will be pure evil. Going to make clear engine bay covers so you can see the inner working etc and the turbo will sit just between the 2 seats so it will basically suck you brains out through you ears!!! :surrender:

No not me????

Most of the engine transplant side of things will be getting done by ToyotaGT, in fact they are sort of sponsoring in the work. :surrender: i Believe they know there way round the engine pretty well so should have no problem with much of it.

Jason :drunk2:

oh right sorry, just thought it could have been, we had a phone call from someone saying they was putting a 4efte into some kind of kitcar thingy!

all the best with it mate

I vote that it gets painted black as well, pure beast ;D

Looking forward to progress!

Was going to go matt black/carbon look but i have decided to go for a bright green (sort of new mazda bright green) reason being is that its so small people won't see it coming and im getting worried i might get side swipped by lorries etc so if i go bright colours more chance of me being seen!!!! Although chance are they will hear it from quite a distance :surrender:

Going to make clear engine bay covers so you can see the inner working etc and the turbo will sit just between the 2 seats so it will basically suck you brains out through you ears!!! :surrender:

By clear engine bay cover u mean cambelt cover. Cant imagine a clear rocker cover

By clear engine bay cover u mean cambelt cover. Cant imagine a clear rocker cover

well he said engine bay cover so i assume it be some kind of perspex cover for the whole engine as opposed to it being out in the open as it is now or being behind metal sheeting??

well he said engine bay cover so i assume it be some kind of perspex cover for the whole engine as opposed to it being out in the open as it is now or being behind metal sheeting??

Thats right! The back needs to have a engine cover made for it to pass the IVA, so going to make the back covers from clear acrylic and polish/clean up engine to show standard. means alot of work cleaning all the time but its not going to be used most of the time, only the 3 days a year we actually get some sun :D

hope this goes well but i can see this ending badly for someone lol

Good luck mate!

I like to think im a good driver, don't we all :) Im not the sort of person to go nuts and drive like a bit of a gimp but having all that power under my right foot might make it hard not too! Thing is if it all goes bad then i have to rebuild it all again so with that in mind will take it easy to start with.

Will hopefully be doing some track testing in it, might be expensive but if i can understand the cars limitations in a safe environment (plenty of run off with no other cars on track) then hopefully will learn what is going to be too much and what it handles like. At the end of the day this has never been done before with this kit so not going to know till its done, or till its too late as the case may be :)

Jason :p

Gonna be awsome!!

Im sure it will be way under 700kg though seeing as NightSpirits EP82 is just over 700kg :)

I hope so, i have to over quote the predicted weight for the IVA, its fine for it to be over but it can't be under so i have been told to put 720kg..............although come to think of it that might include the driver as well! I can pick up the front fully off the ground myself so it can't be that heavy?????

I have seen Nightspirits starlet and it looks sweet, matt black with that huge spoiler..........looks a complete beast. In fact the buggy is probably sat a few meters from his car as we speak :) Same company that is currently working on his is working on mine

Bit of a quick update :p

Managed to find a damaged starlet GT and im collecting it this weekend, needless to say i will be breaking it down for parts and selling everthing off that i don't need, Prices will be all Cheap as im just interested in the parts i want.

Will post up a few pictures over the weekend and a new post with all the parts for Sale. :p

*** Little Update ***

Have managed to sale the old mini 998cc engine and a few other bits off the buggy i no longer need for £200. Will be going in the next few months :p

Also my brother bought a Brian James Racecar trailer yesterday so im using it sunday to go and pick up my EP82 :p Can't wait to get it, still runs but has quite a bit of damage to it. I will be breaking of bits as of next week :p