Cheapest Way To Setup Td04?

Asking this for a mate who doesn't have money for Emanage so needs a cheaper alternative.

What's the cheapest way to setup a TD04 without using anything like Emanage or an expensive standalone?

He wants to run about 200bhp for now as he's still on standard internals.

Would a FCD/RRFPR setup do it? What else is needed?

Apexi SAFC or Apexi NEO fuel computer along with the FCD and RRFPR is his best bet until he can upgrade.

these will run it fine (the NEO has the same points of adjustability as the Emanage blue through the rev range on the fueling) but these fuel comps cant adjust the timing which is were most of the power increase is made.

but 200bhp at 1-1.1bar on a SAFC or NEO will be fine.

can pick up a SAFC for £100 easy i was offered one for £70, then just get a fcd and rrfpr, £70-100 for an hours sesh on the rollers...job done.

and it's what £350 for a good used emanage (u could pick one up cheaper i'm sure) then £400 for a full dyno map.

slightly cheaper lol

• 6 months later...

look for rick lee or driver on here. he make the set up and will mapped the car for you. i had my car done by him very very good mapper.

can pick up a SAFC for £100 easy i was offered one for £70, then just get a fcd and rrfpr, £70-100 for an hours sesh on the rollers...job done.

and it's what £350 for a good used emanage (you could pick one up cheaper i'm sure) then £400 for a full dyno map.

slightly cheaper lol

• 2 months later...
look for rick lee or driver on here. he make the set up and will mapped the car for you. i had my car done by him very very good mapper.

for a TD04L running stock injectors, a SARD fuel pressure regulator set at around 2.5-2.6 bar on idle (with vacuum hose on) is enough to run sweet. just dont go over 0.8 bar of boost. for more, you would need bigger injectors. and as always, a wideband is the most cruicial thing to have. I was running my car like that with the Greddy TD04, which is a bit more hungry than the L, with no problems.

and it's what £350 for a good used emanage (u could pick one up cheaper i'm sure) then £400 for a full dyno map.

slightly cheaper lol

i like the sound of that. thanks for the advice mate ive just gota find one for sale now lol

i managed to put my emanage kit together for less then £250 by sourcing in the right places, then if you can fit it yourself (piece of piss) its just mapping so could have it done properly for less then 400 and not risk cracking pistons etc

plus get miles better power and nicer to drive

• 1 month later...

We do alot of dealings with the Greddy Emanage Series, we can supply, fit and map them at fantastic pricing, we also get the odd used Emanage blue kit if anyones interested.

We can setup your fueling using a RRFPR and FCD but of course power wont be as high.

Give us a shout anytime and we will answer any questions.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk