My Forged 5e 4wd Ep85 - anyone after an ep85??

cheers guys, i shall try and get some better pics this week some time.

what a mission the power steering pump was, took me ages to get it all fitted in, its so tight! i still need to sort the hose out to the rack as ive used the paseo one and its too long for the starlet!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome dude! what stage is it at now then? mapped?

looks verrrry tasty thats for sure. mind if i ask what brake setup u have on this car, with it pumping out 300 odd bhp. i aint sure what to do with mine brake wise.

keep up the good work

awesome dude! what stage is it at now then? mapped?

looks verrrry tasty thats for sure. mind if i ask what brake setup u have on this car, with it pumping out 300 odd bhp. i aint sure what to do with mine brake wise.

keep up the good work

the stage its at is sat on the drive lol. its all ready to fire up pretty much. im trying to sort a garage out to keep it in. it wont go out while theres salt and grit down though.

atm its got old rusty discs and standard calipers with low pads. i have a set of wms 4 pots the heavy duty kit sat in a box at home though, i didnt see the point fitting them with the car not been on the road.

oh yeeaaahhh, looking sweet mate, better be down for shows in summer, and I better be getting a ride :) haha

i really dont know if i will take it to the shows mate, its just not that nice on long journeys lol. plus the gt bumpers and stuff on it are ruff as fook!

hey dude what compression ratio does your engine run?

i didnt want to go really low with the compression as i wanted a nice responsive setup. i will only be running 1.5 bar. i cant actually remember what it is now. i remember discusing it with dave via email. i went with the 1.2mm athena gasket and wossner pistons. if i decide i want to run a different turbo and more boost i can just change to a thicker gasket.

• 1 month later...

Well since the mot is booked for tuesday 2pm i thought i better pull my finger out and get the car sorted so its road worthy and then the running in can begin!

before, old and crusty

13032011214.jpg

after, nice and fresh

13032011215.jpg

still got a few more jobs to do, bleed brakes, fit clutch hose and bleed, bleed power steering, connect wideband and stock lamba just little bits and pieces really.

yeah hopefully i will make the penrith meet, not sure if i will be in this or not. see how it goes. my exhaust is sitting really low now as the downpipe is slightly different on this kit, so i need to get the whole exhaust modified really so its tooked up into the car like it should be not hanging down.

ive been on the hunt for a mint gt but still not found one. one will come up eventually hopefully.

Daz you dont want any bits from toyota do you? its only down the road from me, im going tomorrow, need to order a new rear arb for the supra as it snapped ages ago lol. theres prob some little bits n pieces i need for this too.

you should atleast bring it to the penrith meet dude so i can have a butchers at it! i need my exhaust doing to, it didnt quite line up with the down pipe so its pushed the backbox a little off center.

nar dont need any parts mate, just a clutch and emb wiring in :p, even got a mate with a rolling road that said hed map it for nout if i wanted but not sure as hes never done 1 before but he realy does know his stuff.

picked up a glanza engine today for £50!! so going to gather parts and forge it ready to fit over winter.

where that rolling road at? sounds like a good offer so long as he knows his stuff. was it that engine on ebay? i bought a 4efte engine off a guy a few years ago for 51 quid lol, i met him at kendal actually. its still sat in the garage. its a runner apparently just a bit smokey. always handy to have a spare kicking about.

hes got a unit with a mate, its not a business or out just somthing they have for fun, its the guy that did that bit of welding for me. you might have seen his sliver mini turbo on cwc. if i let him do it youl have to come down, more heads the better i suppose but im cluless when it comes to mapping!

yea off ebay finished at 8 this morning, haha i got it for £51 to. its meant to run but itl be in bits soon. :p

sounds like hes got deep pockets then! what dyno is it?

yeah i think i might have seen that mini at that cruise at Carlisle when you had your blue juice monster but i cant really remember if it was silver or not.

ive as good as already got the certificate mate haha, yeah hopefully it should be fine. the main things it failed on last time was the rear arb bushes but there all new now, and the emissions as the tps wasnt setup. yeah it is long over due mate. still got lots to do though. hopefully it should make it too penrith on friday for the cwc mini meet.

i managed to keep the disc shield i bent them a bit and cut a small piece out of it. hopefully it should be ok. you always disappear when theres work to be done on the starlet! :p

got to make pennys boy or there would be no starlet. just decided am going for another magners the hotel am in they got me in a single bed wat sort of shit is that like. did not even no there was any thing on at penrith. hope i am home in time maybe try get mine there to we can take a tow rope for when you brake down lol.

i ment my starlet not yours you plank. haha single bed, cut backs! yeah its just a minimeet mate, not sure if it will be any good or not but worth a trip through for a look about and a kfc of course!

mini meet link

ive been reading more about those sc turbos i want an sc40 now lol their £1,159.99 delivered though lol.i think ive about spent enough on this beast now though.

• 1 month later...
Sweet car, love the 4 pots and suspension set up.

cheers John yeah the brakes were always a bit shit on this from when i got it. when i was running td04l at a bar i had to work the brakes alot harder than when i had my old gt. the front discs and pads needed replaced so it made sense to upgrade to the 4 pots. The meisters where a good purchase im glad i got in touch with jerrick about sorting a set out for these.

well not much of an update but its got an mot now. i fitted a few bits, new ball joints, track rod ends, a wheel bearing, cv boot. i will be taxing it tomorrow so hopefully i can get some miles put on her. I've only done about 30 so far. it just wants to come on boost, seems to start spooling really easily.

got my self an acis inlet too, i need to decide which throttle body i want to run maybe one with something like 60-65mm butterfly in. i want something that isnt going to cause loads of problems with the tps though.

yes lot of money mate i think 350ish wat you should make with your turboand with the gearing you have you wont be able to change fast enough any ways lol

yeah it should certainly get through the gears quick enough mate. i remember when i first hit the limiter in 5th i was thinking, hang on a minute lol. not quite sure what it should make 350 would be quality but i dont think it will make that much. around 320 would be nice, plenty more to do yet though.

minted this is gona be savage, whenever your free il tour down with a camera if you want to get any memorial vids to cherish haha :p

yeah ive been thinking about getting some vids for a while now. mums got a hd video camera i can use.

I dont know when it will get mapped as i need to see how jdm is cracking on with building his new dyno.

Theres a straightliners event this weekend me and mini valver are going to enzo. mini valver should be making his debut up the strip in his beast which will be good to see how he gets on. its not far from carlisle if you fancy it dude, its on sat and sunday rwyb £30 or £35 for unlimited runs i think i paid last time link to racewars location!