Joz is going to be fitting individual throttle bodies on his 5efe soon.

Isn't easy though, as a lot of work to make the setup, plus obviously need proper management as the air/fuel ratios need to be right as with throttle bodies a lot more air will be getting into the engine.

Overall, isn't cheap, although not sure on what gains will be achieved, because as far as I know Joz will be one of the first people to have it done.

(plus you will need to have supporting mods to make the most of it - exhaust mani and exhuast etc)

• 6 months later...

It can be done on the cheap with a homemade manifold fitted with motorbike itb's like on homemadeturbo.com I had a 5e runnin with them with no management. Run rich as sin but it worked was the point.

Dont start this project unless you are a commited diy mechanic. My advice, buy second hand emanage blue or other piggyback ecu for £250 then start boloting on manifolds and that.

• 1 year later...
Joz is going to be fitting individual throttle bodies on his 5efe soon.

Isn't easy though, as a lot of work to make the setup, plus obviously need proper management as the air/fuel ratios need to be right as with throttle bodies a lot more air will be getting into the engine.

Overall, isn't cheap, although not sure on what gains will be achieved, because as far as I know Joz will be one of the first people to have it done.

(plus you will need to have supporting mods to make the most of it - exhaust mani and exhuast etc)

hi

did Joz buy a set-up from steed or is he going it alone

i`ve just finished fitting a set brought from steed who originally had them fitted to a 5E-FE i believe . i acheived a miserly 10% HP gain but i have some issues with the set-up & would love to talk to someone who has a similiar set-up to compare votes

lyle

Hi Lyle

My set made up by threepot many moons ago.

I never fitted the setup and went have since went FTE.

Its the fueling you need to sort and even an emanage does not have enough adjustment, standalone would be best.

Which area/s are you having issues with?

Joz

Hi Lyle

My set made up by threepot many moons ago.

I never fitted the setup and went have since went FTE.

Its the fueling you need to sort and even an emanage does not have enough adjustment, standalone would be best.

Which area/s are you having issues with?

Joz

there seem`s to be a drop in vac

the tuner advised that the small cone filters fitted are choking the set-up

i also have a fueling issue but i don`t know what influence it had on power it seems that if you richen in 1area it leans somewhere elsew istn`t enough adj in software i`m running a microtech LT-10

do you know what gains i can expect ?? i only got 10%

i need to know the critical length of runners so i can tidy up set-up

i thought i would construct an airbox with trumpets i want to know what is critical in this ?? (the cone filters are so noisy when it hits the power band )

any info you can offer is appreciated

who else has done any development with ITB`s??

lyle

• 1 year later...

Hallo moite,I'm usin GSXR 600 K3 throttle bodies on my 5E-FHE,they space lovely with two threaded bars,using alloy trumpets that taper from 60mm to 40mm,the throttle bodies,taper from 38mm to 34mm and the ports are 30mm when converted to a circle on paper so it works out perfect I rekon,only problem is the throttle pos sensor operates the opposite way but this is a small issue,also a civic D series fuel rail is the perfect spacing to use as a takeoff for the vacuum to the servo off the injector holes and polishes up nicely!!

I'm running triumph tt600 Bike throttle bodies on my 4efe

Still using standard fuel rail and injectors

But will be fitting bigger injectors with malpassi fuel regulator

/>http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o249/nathbmx2005/b8b1d93b.mp4

/>http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o249/nathbmx2005/8f367f42.jpg

/>http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o249/nathbmx2005/b8e326bc.jpg

Edited by nathan87

Hallo moite,I'm usin GSXR 600 K3 throttle bodies on my 5E-FHE,they space lovely with two threaded bars,using alloy trumpets that taper from 60mm to 40mm,the throttle bodies,taper from 38mm to 34mm and the ports are 30mm when converted to a circle on paper so it works out perfect I rekon,only problem is the throttle pos sensor operates the opposite way but this is a small issue,also a civic D series fuel rail is the perfect spacing to use as a takeoff for the vacuum to the servo off the injector holes and polishes up nicely!!

Have you got pics of this setup? Are the throttles a circle or oval at the top?

This is my setup im about to try on my 5e-fhe. The throttles are off a zx-6r.

Just unsure if the silicone joiners will try to collapse.

dscf0278h.jpg

I'm hoping to keep the throttles pointing upwards so I can make an airbox that will be fed by the bonnet scoop.

If they collapse i'll have to get some metal 90° runners put on, could probably scavenge some from the tubular mani I had to butcher to get the flange.

Sort the vac/tps out and your away, you can mess with fueling/runner length etc later when its up and running

Vac isnt that hard to figure out take inspiration from the honda girls and get a small vac tank...tps can be modified to fit depending how handy your are with metal work and the provisions your itbs have for one....

I cut the old vac pipe off the old plenum, left a bit on the end so it had like mushroom on one end then drilled into my manifold and chemical metal'd it in place, obviously there are better ways of doing It. I just made do with what I had