Nanglebadger's Guitar Chat

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

This is my strum stick I got it just after I left school I am 32 this year lol and I bet its been used 2-3 times in the 10 years just carnt bring my self to part with it! It was the first thing I ever got on finance!

Its a bit dusty lol

BB398FC9-86D0-48AB-87D1-20B8B9B2F3D4-3547-000005C77C6B917B.jpg

6EFB6E3E-46CA-4B8A-9247-5B816422CF4A-3547-000005C6AF9EFC87.jpg

I think if I leave it longer it will have its own jacket lol

6C481122-58E9-49CB-9FE3-0BF1DA230204-3547-000005C6B4A49AAE.jpg

This is one I made while I was still at school used this quite a lot when I was having lessons.

The skull was airbrushed by a mate that was doing airbrushing at collage at the time

42CF40C1-486E-4DE1-AB07-4255F5A4D8A9-3547-000005C79B5A704D.jpg

DDCC5675-99FD-438D-8E84-F2FE7985CCF0-3547-000005C795260628.jpg

And my amp is a Peavey Bandit 112 thats well buried I aint going digging that out lol

I play acoustic have done for 2 years??? Not exactly sure been of and one.

Will stick a pic up soon

Does any one play in bands? I do we're just doing recordings now

Also have just discovered the transplants and can't stop playing the album from 2002

Phil, remember I said about my little bro getting a gibson for xmas, well this is a little snippit of him playing it. Hes pretty good considering hes only 16 and he taught himself lol

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mASB3uasUQ8

• 2 months later...

Some pretty sweet guitars there lads! :) I'm a huge fan of the acoustic. Never been able to play, tried when i was younger but the guy who was trying to teach me gave up because of the fact o can't read music. :(:(:(

I've got a acoustic guitar sat with me now, can't get the "claw" i think its. Referred to. Practice makes perfect though one of mu mates plays great so he's gonna attempt to teach me once or twice a week. Can play one cord.. think its "c" 2-4-5 strings? And tips or advice would be helpful

Thank you lads. any help appreciated. its a dream of mine to play! :)

• 2 months later...

What a great thread. Thanks for starting it Phil. An thanks for everybody else contributing.

I play guitar. I wouldn't call myself a guitarist though! That Buckethead video was most enjoyable. Will definately be checking out more.

I own 5 acoustics, 4 electrics, 1bass and a fair bit of of studio gear. Mic's preamps and stuff.

• My first acoustic is a second hand yamaha. i think its a fg315 dreadnought from the early 90's late eighties. It's currently in a case three quarters sanded as I fancied taken the hard lacquer off it. To see if it would breath a bit better, change the tone?

• Second would be my Simon & Patrick sp6 in cedar. It's a lovely guitar for the money.

• Third A cheap classcal I bought for a fiver off a smack head! It's a Lauren!. (probably made in some remote jungle sweat shop by 5 year old kids who get paid 2p a month) Sounds ok :0

• Fourth Simon & Patrick sp6 twelve string. Sounds lush, sore on the fingers. All my acoustics are strung with 11's which is taugh enough for my girlie hands.

• Last but definatly not least is my 1971 red label nippon kaki yamaha fg140. I flipping love this guitar. It's nothing to look at but the tone is ace. 'It's awe aboot the tone'

Electrics

• My first electric is a 1970's Antoria Les Paul custom. I really like this guitar. I bought it in bits (all there). Cleaned it up rebuilt it, got it professionally set up. plays nice and sound not to bad for £54. :thumbsup:
  • My second electric is a Fender California Strat in vintage white. Nice. Great tone.
  • Third? A Danoelectro u2 in black and cream. The first reissue's made in Korea. This a great guitar. £100! brand new! ya Dancer!!
  • Fourth an unamed red lap steel.
  • Bass a Danelectro longhorn bass in coral with sunburst cream. First reissues made in Korea. It's 3/4 length and looks retrotastic!

I'll try and post some pics soon, although give me time lads, i'm hardly n here sometimes. I'll do my best though. Thanks again. I enjoyed having an outlet for my musicmakinggearnerdyness!

'If it sounds right it is right' and...........'if it you aint having fun, don't let the tape run'

Bless ye

Keith

• 2 months later...

To be honest mate I dint know much about them at all when I got the first one! It looked nice, but I have looked into them a lot more over the years and its surprising how many pros do use em! to list a few Joe Satriani, Korn, Slip Knot and many more!! But the way they look is still the main thing for me!

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/artist/artist2008.php?CATEGORY_ID=1&area=3

is she an RG??

Satriani - still uses them

Steve Vai - still uses them

Herman Li from Dragonforce uses them as he says ESP are too heavy compared to Ibanez.

Mick Thompson uses Ibanez and BC Rich I believe yes.

Korn have always used them.

And whats his name from System of a Down uses them.

nice sized amp too dude? much bigger looking than my 30 watt!

You rocking some nice stomp boxes or a multi FX with them?

Phil.

• 1 month later...