Ryan-11's 342 whp, banzai mag featured glanza!

Don't lose the faith man! You got a proper nice Glanza there and a set of wheels i'd love to see in some sexy JDM colours!

Get those wheels on and get a piston in there. All is not lost yet!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't lose the faith man! You got a proper nice Glanza there and a set of wheels i'd love to see in some sexy JDM colours!

Get those wheels on and get a piston in there. All is not lost yet!

Cheers dude, the toms wheels are goin purple with a polished lip :) i dont know how easy it is to get one wiseco forged piston though,

heres what the spark plug looked like when i took it out

DSC00024.jpg

Headlight looks awsome IMO!!!

Spray it all balck or the top half black and the bottom half white where it meets the bumper could look cool.

Wheels will look awsome purple!

I been looking for an oil cooler, is it off ebay? They are about £145 IIRC and does it fit tidy, the filter relocation etc and did you get a thermostat?

Oh and did you find a watsegate port for me mate? PM me about this and the oil cooler as I wont be online much now :)

Keep up the good work

Right i took the inlet manifold off the other night and found something that wasnt ment to be there lol... found the valve head witch was crushed, also found bits of what looks like the valve seat, so looks like my head is fucked :thumbsup:

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

if i do go for a rebuild, it wont be this engine, its already been rebored and forged and the bores are scored quite badly, id prob go 5e but need to have a think about it, ive spent so much money on this car and it keeps braking, i just dont know if its worth it any more?

How the hell? :)

Get it fixed mate :)

Love this car

Going by what people are saying on tgtt it looks like the valve guide was put in worng causing the valve to flex everytime it opened and eventually snaped over time, ill be getting onto the company that rebuilt the head and see what they say. The way i see it is its there fault.

• 1 month later...

wee update, 5e build,

sold a few items including my td04 kit and emanage, gona go for a gt2871r turbo, im gona use some better management than the emu, not sure what tho lol.

Got a 5e to a few months ago, got it striped down ready for a rebore for some nice new pistons, gona get the crank Lightened balanced and knife edged too.

DSC00065-1.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

also got myself a dc2 intergra type r for a runabout :)

DSC00069.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Im the same, always end up buying stuff I dont need, hence why my car has been off the road for a year and half :) lol

Spoiler looks good had one on mine :wub: Really need as flocked dash in my life too!!

Shes looking sorry for herself, what bumper is that?

Im the same, always end up buying stuff I dont need, hence why my car has been off the road for a year and half :p lol

Spoiler looks good had one on mine :wub: Really need as flocked dash in my life too!!

Shes looking sorry for herself, what bumper is that?

haha but u see something and u just have to buy it lol,

thats my mates Corolla bumper, i cut out and brought forward the number plate recess to make it flush, just needs painted.

Agree with Lew shes not looking her best there mate :)

Flocked dash and the Carbon Spoiler are both awesome parts though buddy :p

yeah she had been getting a bit neglected since she broke but buying the spoiler and dash has got me back thinking about fixing it now lol, i need to respray the teg and sell it to get some cash lol

Bored of tec already then? :)

To be honest its not too bad its just like waiting a laggy turbo ;) the plan was to keep it for a while then respray it and sell it but im missing the glanza, so im gona paint the teg at christmas and sell it on then use the money to get the glanza fixed :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

little update,

got a new wepr manifold and downpipe for a gt2871r on order, should b here soon. After talking to John at East Coast Customs he managed to get me a great deal on new forged pistons and conrods for the 5e.

Just need to get a few more bits then i can get to work on the engine. Also moved to a new garage so the v has a new home ;)

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

Just started taking everything out the engine bay so i can get it painted and looking nice and fresh again. Im also planning on giving it a fresh coat of underseal, painting wish bones, anti roll bars, rear axle ect, gona polybush all the bushes too so loads more updates to come ;)