Hey guys

I have recently fitted a momo steering wheel and boss but the ring on the back of the boss to link the horn up doesn't connect to anything. Was just wondering what other people have done to make the horn work on aftermarket steering wheels.

I have to have a horn as there are so many shitty drivers on the road lol.

chanelle x

You need one wire on to the steering wheel, and the other is a earth which I earthed to the boss kit, it will get an earth through the column that way,

There will probs be two pins on the horn button, but I only used one, I had to crimp a small connector on to the earth wire and put a steering wheel boss bolt to earth it if you get me, can get pictures if you need more help.

Thanks

Gary

I've actually got a similar problem, the wire which connects to the button normally has a spiral cable so it can turn with the wheel but I can't fit the spiral cable. So if I have the wire going to the button it just ends up tangled around the steering column - its very annoying and I'm not sure what t do with it?

I've actually got a similar problem, the wire which connects to the button normally has a spiral cable so it can turn with the wheel but I can't fit the spiral cable. So if I have the wire going to the button it just ends up tangled around the steering column - its very annoying and I'm not sure what t do with it?

Im not the only one then lol. As i said i think the only option is to drill and apply a horn button to the steering cowel.

chanelle x

i had a similar problem when i had my prelude and i just got a push to make button from maplin and connected it to the ground wire and the wire that was meant to go to the steering wheel, mounted the button on the dash to the right of the wheel.

hi chanelle ,what boss kit are you using for your momo steering..if you got a pics of your old steering wheel from the back side facing the column..think is possible to get it working..pm me

If your problem is the lack of spriral cable then this is what I plan to do.

Use the metal ring which normally comes with a boss kit and has a wire coming off it that connects to the horn button, fit that as normal set it up like a car without a spiral cable - they normally use the metal contact ring and a strip of metal which contacts against the ring at one point and will always be in contact as the wheel turns.

So simply cut the original horn wire and solder it to a contact strip of metal and mount it so it touches the ring on the boss kit but make sure this isn't earthed against anything or the horn will always be on!

I think that should work....