How 2: Fit Gt Turbo Seats Into An Ep91

What you need:

* GT Turbo seats (DUH!) :D Make sure you get the GT runners too, otherwise this thread is useless lol! Also, if you are buying rear seats, make sure you get the mounting bracket and bolts because some of the EP91 bolts don't fit! The front seats should come with the seatbelt bit attached i.e. the bit where the seatbelt clips into!

* Ratchet set

* Sturdy Flathead screwdriver

* Hammer

* Angle Grinder

* Pliers

* Copper grease (optional, to grease the runners before the seats go in) :D

Front Seats:

• So first things first, take out your old seats and runners. There should be four bolts holding each seat in e.g. for the driver's side; Right front mount, Right rear mount, Left front mount, Left rear mount (goes into the transmission tunnel thingy)

• Now take a look at the holes that are left in the floor, there's 2 smallish holes on the driver's side, next to the front mount boltholes and one smallish hole next to the front mount (closest to the gearbox) on the passenger side. These are the holes for the old seats, the GT pins won't match, so we gotta chop them off!

• So now look underneath the GT runners the GT seats, there's 2 locating pins which you have to cut off using the angle grinder (drivers side) and one pin on the passenger side. You just need to cut them so that the base of the mount is flush, and that should be fine. I hope Chanelle doesn't mind me borrowing this picture :p I forgot to take some when the seats were out lol! This picture shows the driver's left front mount, before having been cut! You might as well grease the runners too so they are nice and smooooth! ;)

Pin.jpg

• There's one more area you have to cut, on the drivers side, the left front mount is a little too wide, and the same with the passenger side's right front mount. There is a little ridge in the floor where this would go, so it doesn't line up with the hole properly, so slice a small section off each of the aforementioned mounts, so the mount is a smooth you-shape like the stock EP91 mounts, hopefully this picture should help!

Pin-1.jpg

• So all in all, you've cut off- on the drivers side: 2 Pins and sliced a bit off ONE mount on the passenger side: 1 Pin and sliced a bit off ONE mount

• That's the easy bit done, and you can do the above on your own pretty easily, this bit gets a bit tricky so it helps to have a friend spare! :p

• Okay so now the mounts are flush, but the holes STILL don't seem to line up, but don't worry, all four points will match up!

***Before I tell you how to put the seats IN, I have to warn you of a problem I encountered: My passenger seat went in fine, and reclined, moved back and forwards properly, however the driver's side didn't slide properly. This is because we've bolted in a seat from a different car, so the rails are slightly changed in shape (after all, it's not IDENTICAL to an EP82 in every way). On the passenger side, when you lift the lever to move the seat back/forth the "teeth" that lock in are only on one side, but on the drivers side, there are "teeth" on both rails, 2 on the left, and 1 on the right rail. When I fitted my Driver's seat, the right "tooth" wouldn't pull out of the slot, whereas the left "teeth" did.

• I tackled this, by removing the driver's seat, pulling the single (right side) tooth out of the slot it was in, and angle grinding it off. This is absolutely fine, as there are still two "teeth" holding in the other rail, so there's still support for a fixed position, and voila the driver's seat is now fully adjustable :D

***NOW ONTO INSTALLING THE GT SEATS!

• Put one of the seats in, and match up the mounting points to the holes as best as possible, bolt in the ones you can (I think the inner front went in the easiest. Then for the more "out-of-place" mounts, put the flathead in the mount hole, and slide the screwdriver into the hole for the bolt, now pry the flathead to line the rails to the hole, and your friend can push against the rail with the top of a hammer, while you loosely screw in the bolt. Follow this method to line up any other mounts that seem too "out" and then tighten them all up! You put in the front seats exactly the same, the only difference is in what you cut off!

Hurrah! You now have a tiiidy set of front seats! ;)

DSC02193.jpg

Rear Seats:

• Remove your old seats, pull out the carpet on the back of the seats (remove plastic clips and put them in the side pocket for safekeeping. This exposes the metal bolts. The seats are 60/40 split, and are held in near the centre of the floor, and on each side, undo all the bolts to remove the centre bracket, and remove the bolts which are located at the rotating pivot on each side. That should do it, you can now remove your stock seats.

• Put in the lower one-piece GT seat (where your bum goes lol). I didn't really fix this in position, has anyone else had a go? But it's okay, once the whole rear unit is in, my lower piece doesn't move anyway hehe!

DSC02185-1.jpg

DSC02188-1.jpg

DSC02186-1.jpg

• Now you SHOULD have the bolts from the centre bracket from the GT rears, the bolts from the centre of the EP91 are too big. We are going to use the original EP91 centre bracket, so first install the smaller (right side) seat, bolt it to the bracket using the GT bolts into the seat, then for the pivot side, at the very end of the seat, you can use the original EP91 bolt, which is quite large, but it DOES fit. Do the same for the Left (larger) seat, and there you go, simple as that! Then just put the plastic clips and carpet on the back of the units. Now stand back, or rather sit down (no pun intended) in your lovely non-granny spec seats!

DSC02193.jpg

DSC02189.jpg

I hope this guide helps anyone who plans to fit GT seats

:D comments or pointers welcome!

I must say amjad this will be very helpful for a lot of people on here well done, it must of took ages to type all that out lol. Think we both need some glanza door cards now though lol, it ruins the look of the interior with the grannyfied door cards lol.

Curt used the ep82 centre bracket and reamed out the holes bigger, because if you use the ep91 centre bracket the rear seats sit on the piss. Give it a go you will be supprised it lines up sweet.

I have the same problem with the rear seats, where you sit there are no mounts?? But curt is trying to figure it out, will update here if we are sucessful.

You have the privilege of getting two kisses after my name for that lol ;)

chanelle xx