I Dont Know What To Do!

Right, everyday im in my starlet, everyday i think about getting a GT or perhaps tuning mine more but i really dont know what to do.

Im 19, with 2ncb my policy ends next may and will be 20 and have 3ncb

Its all mainly down to money!

My main plan was to return the n/a back to standard keep/sell parts and buy a nice GT when one came along, hoping the insurance wouldnt be too much (around my birthday, this november, i would be 20 with 2ncb)

But ive been thinking, would it be beneficial if i went on to try get 100bhp out of the n/a with more chassis mods untill next year when my policy is up and either;-turning it back to standard or selling it as it is then buy a GT.

im trying to weigh up the amount of money i would lose on selling the already modifyed n/a and how much my insurance would drop when i have 3ncb and 20..

I hope you understand what im getting at, it does my head in thinking about it!

Mitch

if it was me i wouldnt spend any more on the n/a because by the sound of it you wont have it much longer so when you do get rid of it its more money wasted that you could have saved towards gt/insurance

If i was to keep it, it would be for another 10 months or so. some of the parts would be transferable to the GT.

But i understand what your saying.

Mitch

well if its stuff you could use on the gt then fire away :thumbsup:

get a gt mate its well worth it

i had mine at 19 with 2 years no claims and never looked back

i can honestly say im going to keep mine for years i love it to bits

id stop modding the n/a get it sold and but a gt you wont regret it

To me 2k isnt worth it, when all it takes is patience to save 1200 pounds.

Ive wanted one of these cars for around 2 years so a little longer wont hurt. but i guess i should ring my insurance company and see if they could give me a quote if a GT pops up.

Mitch

Just read through this post and to me it seems like you have already made you mind up about 3-4 posts in. You obviously want a GT and have done for a while, so plan to get one!!!!!

If it was me then i would SLOW down/stop spending on the N/A and start saving towards a GT, there is no point spending money on mods that can be transfered to the GT if that means you won't have enough money towards actually buying the GT. Its hard to break habbit i know as i have been in the same boat. If you can save money each month towards a GT then you will be better off when it comes time to buy one and you will have more money to get a good example with lower mileage and better condition. There is little point in my opinion modding the N/A if you are going to transfer the mods if it means you end up having less money for a GT, but that doesn't mean you have to stop. If a bargain comes up and you want it then buy it but limit yourself each month not to buy too much.

I stopped modding my lexus about 2 years ago, if there is something i really want then i may buy it but don't spend much on it. I know use it juat as a daily driver and the money i have saved has meant i could buy the 'Demon'. I buy 1 major component for the Demon each month and keep an eye what i spend on it.

Just my two pence worth, hope it helps mate! :)

Jason :thumbsup:

Thanks for your input bro.

I havent bought anything for the n/a in a long time, well apart from a sticker :thumbsup:

Its really difficult for me, because literilly last week id found a GT that i was going to go buy! but the bastard sold it :)

Modding the n/a is still apealing to me as i would be acheiving somthing not many have and thats what modifying cars is all about..

but on the other hand i really want to full fill my dream and get a GT.

AAAAH

my heads going to explode

Mitch

Mate i know exactly what your going through!

I got my SR when i was 20 (it was my first car) :p

Loved it to bits modding it not for power as lets face it an N/A is no match for a turbo (in my opinion)

but just to look good n sound a bit more sporty etc

With the end goal of buying a V and transfering all the bits over

But in the end, after a year n a half of ownership (this April just gone) I sold it as id built it up, not bothering stripping it n just starting from scratch again

As i felt i didnt want to go ripping it to bits n wanted to keep it just the way id desired it to be since i brought it.

I did want to wait until this Nov coming to get a V really, as i would of had 2 yrs no claims

But i just couldnt wait n wanted boost to much, so i started looking for Glanza's on pistonheads, autotrader, here, TGTT n i got myself so obsessed it wz kinda getting silly

Then i came across mine for a bit of a steal so i went n viewed it put mine up for sale then arranged to pick it up the day after my SR was taken off my hands

Had to change insurers and loose out on the 6 months no claims from this yr i had built up So im now paying 1200 on insurance where as i was paying 500 on the SR but to be honest i dont regret it at all

Its so worth it

+ with the credit crunch on everthings dirt cheap so ideal time to buy car if you ask me :)

I say F*** IT!

Sell the N/A n GT it mate :p

As if you stick with your N/A you might grow to get fed up with it (i started to a touch)

But my advice is buy something thats the bollocks, dont settle for no crap with the crunch on mate

If it means waiting a couple months or so till something wikid comes up, wait as theres so many ace starlets out there and so many people struggling for money sadly

(sad for some good for others) :p

Just so happens my V came up for sale when i had the impulse to buy :p

This sounds like what you want to hear if im honest :p

Good luck with it all man :p

Yea it is but I just want to find about £7k lying around somewhere so I can spunk it all on the GT and get it how I want it now rather than wait :)

GT mate, deffo just save save save from NOW!!

you only live 1ce mate stop worrying about money and enjoy yourself. treat yourself to a gt. i think your insurance will be less than you might expect. why not try getting some quotes? the difference of a few hundred quid wont sound that bad when its spread out over the course of a year. plus the sensation of boost will put the smile back on your face. stop thinking too much and get 1 baught lol

sparky:- i understand mate,i understand.

Cheers for all the replys, its now obvious what i really should do and thats stick with the plan ive had or years..

get a fricken GT!

So all ive got to do now is turn the N/A stock and just wait for the perfect GT.

What i want it to be is an everyday driver when under normal circumstances it doesnt stand out in the croud and you can chill... but when you put your foot down all hell breaks loose.

screamer..etc.

hehehehehehe i feel like a lil kid waiting for christmas.

Mitch