• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update

Believe it or not I am actually getting somwhere, albeit slowly.

All 4 calipers have had a fresh lick of Hammerite Hammered Black.

Over the weekend I paid a visit to Jay and collected a couple of bits he sourced from The Mother Land for me:

OEM EP91 rigid illuminated parking pole :

post-51-0-56364000-1500283130_thumb.jpg

Quick mock up by hand, will need the bumper off to site it properly I think:

post-51-0-88001800-1500283258_thumb.jpg

This one took a while to find, although not as long as the pressure gauge did a few years back - Apexi Tacho complete with shift light - this thing is immaculate:

post-51-0-68743200-1500283245_thumb.jpg

All gauges have been removed from the dash in preparation for fitting the dash mat; I've dismantled the cluster and am in the process of tracing the existing tacho wires as they should be straight forward swap over job for this new one, so hopefully that wont take long and I can then reconstruct the dash.

post-51-0-69759200-1500283384_thumb.jpg

My apologies again that some of the images are rotating upon upload, I've asked Trisk to look into it but hopefully an update to the forum software will resolve.

I've also just noticed that the Photobucket change has f**ked with the earlier pages of the thread from before the direct upload was possible. In summary: thats a right bollox that!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Update

Will need to get some pictorial evidence, however over the last week or so the dash mat has gone in, all gauges remounted, Apexi tacho installed and rear MeisterR coilovers installed.

Next on the list is debugging a lighting issue with the other gauges, and front coilovers. Also had a good look around the rear of the car with Joel on sunday and we've established that rear discs and pads, as well as a clean up and waxoil of the fuel tank and rear brake hard pipes will be required pre-MOT.

Two forward, one back lol.

The list:

Fit new suspension, anti-lift kit and lower arm parts - rears done

Geometry set up

Fit oil filter relocator - ready to fit

Wire in all Apexi gauges - done, just need to connect sensors for oil and water

Fit dash mat - done

Weld in spare wheel mount

Fix bumper support bar
Address rear floor

Headlight alignment

Oil change

Address rear brakes and tighten handbrake (these 3 are all MOT items)

Fix speedo and speed reader - cable was out

Paint and fit new bonnet

Fit parking pole and wire in

Fit Apexi Rev counter and wire in - done

Passenger side repeater seems to be dead, likely a broken wire, needs resolved pre-MOT - seemed to be an issue with old and new bulb, stock orange bulb has fixed it

New rear discs and pads

Clean, smooth and paint rear brake hard pipes

Clean up and waxoil fuel tank

Long Finger Items:

Boost controller needs replaced

Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Upgrade front ARB

WEPR stock replacement exhaust mani

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update

New rear discs (just plain faced, for all the braking they actually do), rear pads and bearings ordered as the existing discs are in a non-MOT-friendly state, along with polybushed front droplinks.

Slowly making some headway now that the house move is done with.

Phil.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Update

Daily is through its MOT and a brake refresh (a-f**kin-gain) and I've been in talks with Joel about getting her ready to be lifted.

Recent additions are only two absolutely delightful hangers courtesy of Starbuck, including a very tasty Badger hanger.

I will also be collecting an optional rigid bootliner very shortly courtesy of a local legend by the name of Greenmachine.

Once the gauge lighting is resolved, and the speedo cluster refitted and working, she will be lifted by the mechanic to have the lower running gear items fitted and made ready for an MOT attempt.

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update

Progress has, believe it or not, been ongoing. All the gauges are illuminating again (thanks Joel!), meaning some of them simply need connected to sensors to complete. The speedo cluster is back in and working for the first time in a couple of years (thanks Joel, again!) and last night I fitted a new 320mm Momo steering wheel as I wanted a change from the previous 280mm item, and have done away with the snap off boss for the time being.

Rigid bootliner has been collected and installed, courtesy of Greenmachine, and I will be collecting new spacers from him soon also (5mm all round - wont win any stance shows but will help a bit whilst retaining functionality).

I've also installed a trickle charger meaning no more f**King around with connecting/disconnecting the battery any longer.

So that brings us to it being taken away for MOT prep. Currently my mechanic is running several weeks behind, and my dad's 2 seater is taking up the space in his workshop that I need, but hopefully it can be lifted for an MOT prep at some stage Aug/Sept all being well, so we're still on course for life in the relatively near future.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Photees

OEM rigid bootliner

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Installed:

IMG_0929.jpg

And the new 320mm Momo Corse steering wheel:

IMG_1322.jpg

Patiently waiting her time with the mechanic.

IMG_1304.jpg

That's likely to be the last of the updates until she gets taken away for all parts fitting (lower arms, bearings etc) and MOT prep. Its only taken 7 years to be able to type that sentence.

Phil.

54 minutes ago, Nanglebadger said:

***Great work Joel*** lol

Thanks bud, yeah life took over for a while but hopefully we are relatively close to an MOT now.

Phil.

Team effort. 

Awesome news. Can’t wait till it’s back out gracing the coast road. Lol