Glanza V Insurance

This is just daft now.. i can get great quotes for GT Turbo's from companies that list them, but the companies that list Glanza V's are coming up with insane prices!

I realise this has been brought up countless times but it really is stupid considering they're both imports and both basically the same engine/power/weight etc...

And there's people with the same circumstances as me saying they're insuring their's legallys for like 12/1300 quid.. how?!

This is just daft now.. i can get great quotes for GT Turbo's from companies that list them, but the companies that list Glanza V's are coming up with insane prices!

I realise this has been brought up countless times but it really is stupid considering they're both imports and both basically the same engine/power/weight etc...

And there's people with the same circumstances as me saying they're insuring their's legallys for like 12/1300 quid.. how?!

depends on how old you are. i have insured my v with adrian flux for £550 and i am 22

i am 18 and am insured on a starlet sportif for 2750 third party cheapest i could find honestly.

lifes a bitch

Elephant.co.uk

Try them everyone kept saying to me try them and never did as thought everyone was saying the typical

'they are really good for me and then you try them and they never are'

Well i did try them and 18 on a GT turbo with 1 years ncb = £1682.92 which i dont think is bad

But im after a Glanza V but elephant only List the Glanza S so im waiting till im 19 with 2 years ncb before i try to get insurance on a Glanza V to bring my insurance down even more and only got a couple of months to wait so im looking for a glanza now then parking it up the drive until ive got the 2 years ncb,

But 19, 2years ncb with elephant.co.uk = £1209.84 for me personally give them a shot

put your mum and/or dad on your insurance this brings the quote down alot and directline told me this doesn't effect THERE NCB if you crash, as there on your policy and you are the main drive.

Hope this helps my friend

scott

i am 18 and am insured on a starlet sportif for 2750 third party cheapest i could find honestly.

lifes a bitch

Sorry what!?

I have just started driving, £609 third part f&f... you need to look around mate seriously! I drive a SR with no ncb.

Cheers guys..

Scott, ive had those quotes.. 19, 2 yrs experience, 1 yrs NCB, GT Turbo.. £1200. Glanza V not listed, the cheapest i could get a quote for one anywhere else is £2800!

Im paying £1600 at the moment for my Polo, so realistically, if i can get the Glanza V insured for anywhere between those 2 prices i'd be happy, it's not much to ask is it? surely some companies must know about these cars......

ohh my god!!! Just tried get a couple of quotes for the glanza im looking at buying. 21 years old, 1 yncb, couple of mods declared, Cheapest i got was £2300 fully comp! I tried Sky Insurance who assure me they could go as low as £1400 but only when i have two years no claims... looks like i mite be waiting till feb for the glanza :p

That's all ive had quotes for, fully comp would be thousands! Ill give Sky a ring, its just daft that i can insure a Gt for so cheap....

Am i right in thinking the GT's are the older ones? I hav a mate who introduced me to the starlet, that thinks the GT's are a lot faster than the Glanza, is he right? I really new to all this jap car stuff so im a little bit confused... :p

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a decent quote of around £1100 for a GT when im 19 and 2 years ncb and ive got a quote for £1670 on a 200sx also when im 19 and 2 years ncb, so i cannot see that a Glanza is going to be anymore then about £1400 at maximum,

Im going to get my old man to phone up his import company and get a quote for me on a glanza and i'll post it up on here,

Also im putting my parent's on my policy to bring the price down and the insurance companys say this will not effect there ncb if i crash as it's my policy and then on my insurance, BUT if my parents crash in my car then i will lose my ncb, but they will not be driving it anyway haha

Sky have sorted me out..

£1441 TPF&T :lol:

im paying 2750 third party fire and theft on myt sr!!

probaly because im only 17 :blink:

fully comp for it is 4800??????????? <_<

so glanza next year lol my ass ;)

i got quote on a glanza for £11,000 lol and then a GT for £2050, and a normal starlet for £1900, so tempted to get a GT for me first car now just wouldnt be able to afford to run it,

wont tell you mine but i ve had quotes for like £3000-£7000 and my insurance did classify a dump valve as a performance mod which i argued over but they left it the same you gotta try puttin cat 1's on and trackers and that stuff that can drop the insurance 20% my starlet used to cost me about £2000 that was modded and declared modded