Hello there folks, Been on here a while now and thought it was about time i made a build thread.

The start

DSC00052.jpg

The Motor

Toyota Starlet Glanza V, Bought it completely standard with its original flair, Steelies & import documentation. The car has a fair few extras, L.S.D, Rear strut brace and window tints. I took a risk in buying her a bit cheaper with very little mot & tax, however it payed off when all she needed was a new cv boot & passenger door handle to pass MOT. Made me a very happy chappy because getting your hands on a standard Glanza is rare as rocking horse shit.

Few pics of when i picked her up.

Glanzav1.jpg

BRg91nQWkKGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BJ-beeK.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

Once i had her mot'd, tax'd and serviced i than began the modifications =]

New Wheels

First things first, Get rid of these steelies. Local chap had these mr2 Roadster Alloys at a steal price, Mint condition wrapped in bridgestone potenza's. Too good to refuse.

DSC00129.jpg

The paintshop

After treating her to some new wheels. As i'm extremely fussy about paintwork, i managed to persuade the old man who sprays cars for a living, to do some bits on the Glanza. I had stone chips on the bonnet, Few chips on the side skirts and a blemish on the rear bumper.

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

The Engine Mods

This is my first turbo car so one of the first things on my list was a dump valve, Believe it's probably a novelty but still went and purchased a Baileys Bov, Shortly after i cleared the 1st & 2nd gear restriction by swapping the pipes as in the guide & Fitted a Rx7 Top mounted intercooler.

DSC0013711.jpg

After taking and looking at this picture i realised how dirty the intercooler was so i gave that a polish and a clean. Was very impressed with it's results.

AFTER

DSC00146.jpg

Stripping the rear

I had the biggest heaviest twin subs which i decided to remove, Got a little carried away and removed the back seats. Although its not massively stripped and i doubt the weight of the seats actually made a difference, The subs certainly did. Having any more than two seats isn't an issue as the motor i sold to buy the glanza only had 2 seats. =]

My Van i sold to buy the glanza

DSC00005.jpg

The rear of the Glanza

DSC00144.jpg

New Suspension

Today, October the 28th. I fitted me new suspension. Tein Springs & KYB excel G Shocks Front and rear. I got the impression these were going to be a very stiff ride, But i can honestly say there comfortable enough for road use her in the south west =]

DSC00149.jpg

GlanzaV.jpg

Thanks for reading =] Feel free to comment.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving it mate!

If you don't mind me asking for much did you pay for her standard?

Sorry, i only tell unbanned members ;p

I payed a fair price for her, 92,000, Fair bit of history and the import documentation which was vital to me =]

p.s It even came with the original Jap cloth :p

i have a mate who is selling a cat back apexi system, could ask how much for you if you like. either that or buy the sexy hks 1 idrees has for sale.

It would probably be a month or so before i go purchasing an exhaust or anything else expensive for her as i used my last bit of 'Car allowance' on the suspension haha. thanks for looking out though!

Hello there folks, Been on here a while now and thought it was about time i made a build thread.

Shortly after i cleared the 1st & 2nd gear restriction by swapping the pipes as in the guide & Fitted

Were can i get this guide and what are the pros and cons to derestricting i didnt even know my 1st and 2nd gear was resticted! lol (sorry noob) :p

Here you go dude,

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....&article=21

this should tell you everything you need to know, if any questions just ask =]

Woohooo! i just ran out to ma car and had a look... i wanna do the change over but its do dark and i wont be able to test it till tomorrow! (football trafic) :p

Thank you :p

Galliano - Yea definately mate! How long till your on the road? See your very local!

Idree's - Thanks mate, Ye i believe i got it at a good price.

Woohooo! i just ran out to ma car and had a look... i wanna do the change over but its do dark and i wont be able to test it till tomorrow! (football trafic) :p

Thank you :p

No problem mate! Haha I thought you might have gone out for a look! definitely a worth while mod mate, even better because its FREE :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got home from work on Saturday to find a parcel, which contained these =]

Hids.jpg

Couldn't resist but go out and fit them in the dark and damp later that evening. Pretty simple really, the manual that came with the hid's made it seem so complicated so scrap that if anyone else has a set waiting to be fitted.

Still havent got around to cleaning the car, but do have some new shots for you with the suspension fitted, HID's & cheeky decal.

Grafiti2.jpg

grafitibonnetopen.jpg

Grafiti3.jpg

Frontendcloseup.jpg

Grafitirearshot.jpg

grafitirearshot1.jpg

Grafiti4Ls.jpg

grafiti1.jpg

The rear isn't as low as i would have liked it but seems to be a common thing on these. Having the back fairly stripped also won't help the cause =p Plus it's my daily so 60mm isn't practical.

I reckon its come on a long way since when i first bought her, I'm pretty happy with the exterior now so will begin work on the engine. Ideally i'd like around the 180bhp mark. Safe,Money efficient & no massive k turbo mods =]

Thanks for reading, Please leave a comment.

Jack - alright jae what you doing tonight?

Jae - cant talk mate on my way to london

Jack - Why?

Jae - pickin up a vts arnt i :thumbsup:

later that night jack pulls outside jaes house

but jack doest find Vts, Jack finds.....

GLANZA!

cant believe you had me going like that :L

looking at this the car has actually came along way:O

not long before il be joining you JAP