Wms Starlet 4 Pot Brake Kit & General Discussion

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im defo having a set of these babies(would love red calipers tho) whats the biggest you can fit under 16" im running rota grids if that helps

would bigger discs give better stopping power?

thanx

Cool! Can't do red though, although if you got them powder coated we can try to get you some WMS heat resistant transfers.

As far as bigger discs in 16"s goes, we'll be doing 300x20.5mm rotors on bells in the future - if people need even more cooling (unlikely) we could go for the 300x32mm rotors while the customer retains their calipers and brackets etc (we'll need to get 32mm-spec bells made for those as well though due to the offset shift - depends on demand).

And you're right, bigger discs = increased mechanical advantage = more braking torque for the same pedal effort. :thumbsup:

If you like I could do you a PDF of the proposed 300mm kit so you can print it and try it in your wheels (today!).

Oh I see, I was logged out when I last looked (my brother's PC), so the "modifications > brakes" etc where the thread is wasn't visible, just the "The Awesomely Helpful Info Section > brakes" section....

I had assumed there was one brakes etc section, not two.

More new toys, spec to be confirmed...

4P107-03-002s.jpg

Cool! Can't do red though, although if you got them powder coated we can try to get you some WMS heat resistant transfers.

As far as bigger discs in 16"s goes, we'll be doing 300x20.5mm rotors on bells in the future - if people need even more cooling (unlikely) we could go for the 300x32mm rotors while the customer retains their calipers and brackets etc (we'll need to get 32mm-spec bells made for those as well though due to the offset shift - depends on demand).

And you're right, bigger discs = increased mechanical advantage = more braking torque for the same pedal effort. :lol:

If you like I could do you a PDF of the proposed 300mm kit so you can print it and try it in your wheels (today!).

lovely

Dad's wondering if you do a Corolla E12 kit? Not to go offtopic like.

No problem! Not as yet, it might be that I've got something that'll fit, but I don't have a hub to work with so I don't know....

-----------------------------------

I've just checked on the wheel that arrived today and can confirm that the 275mm kit fits in the 15" Speedline with plenty of spare room! No wheel spacers, no change to the factory offset.

Biggest we can go without messing about is 280mm.

WITH messing about (add a few mm to an alloy bell's flange, more bell offset, running the pads a tad low on the rotor.......MAYBE 300mm is possible as Speedline have designed a better than average wheel in terms of caliper clearance. :lol:

What are the most common alloys on race/rally/sprint Starlets? These Speedlines I would assume?

get some buddyclub p1 alloys to test :lol: lol

hoping i can get these on without spacers etc

Tim

TB Developments

Have you got the alloys (14/15/16"?)? Print out the 275mm profile PDF, stick to to card, cut it out and shove it up there!

I'm tweaking the PDFs a bit as the caliper is shown very slightly too big near the hub/underside, but the outside is right.

yeah there 15"

got a link to the PDF mate? i'll do that and i'll be able to give you feedback to wether they'll fit with these wheels. :lol:

Tim

TB Developments

ps, emailed you as well

15" should be ok in most cases, the PDF link is in 2nd post from the top of the page - #52 :p

First off: Just a heads-up as I have made the PDFs more accurate - there's more room in the centre than was shown in the previous versions so I've overwritten them with the corrected ones (ie the links are still correct.) :p

Don't suppose you do anything for Hondas do you?

Er, my rat style EG5 shed/runabout (while MR2's 4AGE engine is being rebuilt)/battering ram is going to get some new toys soon - seeing as I might as well as it's available as a phase 1 testbed! Will the resulting kit fit all the other EG chassis Civics? (better send me a PM then email before we get lynched).

I bought it as my brothers ram each other's cars out of their spaces when they visit each other, and it's got a towbar (ie, I win)...every single panel is now hammered!!!! :lol:

That shounds brilliant if we could have a set to print off, to see if its close, i just need to find a way of getting it printed now! lol.

Unless you know that it will fit under 15" Rays Engineering TE37's?

I can do one-off kits but the brackets won't be all CNC machined lovelyness, and will cost a bit more. If we can get five people who want the smaller kit I'm happy to run a CNC batch and throw the rest into stock.

All of today I've been working on doing you guys "profiles" of the kits (in each size) in PDF format....although as I'm in the parts store which is 6 deg-C INDOORS my fingers are getting slower by the minute! Once they are finished you can print them out, check you have a 1:1 scale print, stick it to card and cut it out and shove it up your wheels to see what happens.

How about that! :rolleyes:

That shounds brilliant if we could have a set to print off, to see if its close, i just need to find a way of getting it printed now! lol.

Unless you know that it will fit under 15" Rays Engineering TE37's?

Not sure how I missed this post! I don't have any Rays....if you're TOTALLY stuck for getting them printed but would be interested in a kit if they do send me a PM with your address and I'll snailmail you a couple of printouts....

:thumbsup:

"Cool, let me know - I'm in Hastings/Bexhill, East Sussex."

Mail order only!

Thats a shame I only live in Eastbourne! :angry2:

But still will be hopefully ordering the kit from you in the next 2 weeks if work hasn't messed up my pay again!!!

Regards,

Phil.

"Cool, let me know - I'm in Hastings/Bexhill, East Sussex."

Mail order only!

Thats a shame I only live in Eastbourne! :angry2:

But still will be hopefully ordering the kit from you in the next 2 weeks if work hasn't messed up my pay again!!!

Regards,

Phil.

Wellllll, I can probably make the odd exception when people really are local and want to pick stuff up... :angry2:

my WMS kit just arrived before crimbo, and my red stuff pads arrived today!

ive unrapped the packaging and the four piston calipers look very shmick, was actualy surprised at how light they were compared to my heavy st205 four pots.

cant wait to get it onto a car hopefully by the end of this week, !