Wms Starlet 4 Pot Brake Kit & General Discussion

Bummer about the crack - I would get in touch with these guys in Hastings, I bet they can weld/smooth it like it never happened.. www.hastingsmotorsheetmetalworks.com ...they make sports car bodies from scratch, hammers and aluminium sheet type skills! Also do alloy wheel repairs including welding up missing chunks. :mellow:

I'm just working out a price for the 277x25 beta kit and will be able to deliver one in about a week (as you're local and desperately lacking brake pads?)? Let me know...

In fact as a general heads-up, I will take orders now for the 277x25 beta kit as I have three in total available in the same "week-ish" timescale. After that I'll be out of the brackets I've been re-machining into "beta" brackets, so we'll just need the proper batch to arrive.

Details to be updated on the first post of this thread.

HIi thanks for the link will be getting in touch with them. I'll be able to let you know about the 277x25 beta kit later today. Whats the best way for payment for you?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIi thanks for the link will be getting in touch with them. I'll be able to let you know about the 277x25 beta kit later today. Whats the best way for payment for you?

No problem, hope they can help you! Best ring them, looks like their email is down.

As for payment, bank transfer is ideal, then PayPal, then cash on collection in your case as you're sort-of just down the road... :mellow:

No problem, hope they can help you! Best ring them, looks like their email is down.

As for payment, bank transfer is ideal, then PayPal, then cash on collection in your case as you're sort-of just down the road... :lol:

Hi Keri,

Going to have to give it a miss this time but i will be ordering from you in the not to distant future "you can be sure of that".

Just took rocker cover off this evening and it worse that expected, the cover had actually shattered underneath and bits are in the cylinder head.

I'm gutted was hoping to get better brakes but looks like i'll be getting cheap ones to last me until I save up again and get these from you.

best regards,

be speaking to you soon

Phil.

Hi Keri,

Going to have to give it a miss this time but i will be ordering from you in the not to distant future "you can be sure of that".

Just took rocker cover off this evening and it worse that expected, the cover had actually shattered underneath and bits are in the cylinder head.

I'm gutted was hoping to get better brakes but looks like i'll be getting cheap ones to last me until I save up again and get these from you.

best regards,

be speaking to you soon

Phil.

:lol: I've never heard of anything like that! Where did you get it from?

No problem chap - let me know when you're back on track...

:lol: I've never heard of anything like that! Where did you get it from?

No problem chap - let me know when you're back on track...

Well I brought a race spec cover, thought at first the mechanic had over tightened it but when I had a chat to the mechanic and we took the cover off it looks like a flaw in the cover so no ones to blame, as no one could have seen it or done anything about it.

I will let you know as soon as I am back on track.

Phil

Well I brought a race spec cover, thought at first the mechanic had over tightened it but when I had a chat to the mechanic and we took the cover off it looks like a flaw in the cover so no ones to blame, as no one could have seen it or done anything about it.

I will let you know as soon as I am back on track.

Phil

Bizzare! :lol:

We have added Ferodo pads to the list of options we can supply! :lol:

Ferodo DS2500 (fast road) = £47.20+vat/set

Ferodo DS3000 (race) = £50.40+vat/set

Here is the 277x25 kit! Big fat disc for those who want it... :lol:

WMS-800x600-4P1091-a.jpg

WMS-800x600-4P1091-b.jpg

Hi.

Got my kit last thursday. looks sweeet. Think I will mount them on thursday. Hopes they goes under my compomotive 15'' winter wheels. But with my 25mm spacers they should fit.

Hi Erik, glad you like them, especially after the delay! :thumbsup:

25mm eh? What's an extra inch between friends!!! :D

Are they funny thin alloys?

Hi Keri,

It was good to meet you today its always good to put a face to the name!

The calipers look fantastic can't wait for the rest :(

Regards,

Phil

Hi Phil, same here - cool car as well! Glad you like the WMS goodies...

PS - Don't worry, I didn't hear it stall when you left...and even if I did I wouldn't tell anyone! :D

Sounds like you've got a beast of a clutch on it?

8x15 et32;) McChus carbon fenders;)

Hmmmm...so not very thin at all in fact! :D

Hi Phil, same here - cool car as well! Glad you like the WMS goodies...

PS - Don't worry, I didn't hear it stall when you left...and even if I did I wouldn't tell anyone! :(

Sounds like you've got a beast of a clutch on it?

Hi,

Yeah thats the only problem when trying to reverse up the hill with a twin plate race clutch :D

Regards,

Phil

do you do a drilled and grooved disc option?

and how much is the kit to fit behined a set of 15's??

We offer grooved discs as a service, it adds £48.00+vat/pr - drilled discs can crack when pushed so we don't offer it normally. For £111.17+vat we can upgrade the 277x25 disc to the EBC Turbogroove type as another option.

The prices are at the start of the thread, to be sure if the kit will fit behind your wheels print out the PDF templates, there are two options (heavy duty and low profile).

Damn looking good!! can't wait til I get the rest of my kit :thumbsup:

Shouldn't take long, your "beta" brackets are done so the missing bit is that batch of the rarer 275x22 discs - "early Feb" is what I was told by the importer so it won't be long! :)

can you get the calipers and fittings on there own?

also (bit noobish in breaking section), would these calipers fit the normal glanza discs? I've got EBC drilled and grooved already. and are the standard pads able to fit into the calipers?

cheers

can you get the calipers and fittings on there own?

also (bit noobish in breaking section), would these calipers fit the normal glanza discs? I've got EBC drilled and grooved already. and are the standard pads able to fit into the calipers?

cheers

You can indeed buy the parts on their own, send me a PM if you're interested.

However the smallest we can go with these calipers is 262.5mm, this is the point the bottom of the caliper lugs touch the lugs on the Starlet strut. Also the pads used are a common motorsport shape, not from an OEM caliper.

We might be able to do a future kit with another caliper to fit the OEM 254x18mm discs if there is enough demand....?

Fitted the whole kit today. Feels really good, Stops great, only thing now is to get rid of the snow, very slippery!

But any tips on the bleeding? Have bled it and works, but are there any special way they should be ble. There are 8 niples. Which first?

Fitted the whole kit today. Feels really good, Stops great, only thing now is to get rid of the snow, very slippery!

But any tips on the bleeding? Have bled it and works, but are there any special way they should be ble. There are 8 niples. Which first?

That's great to hear, glad you like them! :thumbsup:

Bleeding them isn't tricky, just do the two top nipples on each caliper (outer then inner), then "tap" the calipers to shift any bubbles stuck to the inside, then bleed again to get the last bits!

After a few days of driving it might be worth doing it again in case there's any air left over, normally it'll be fine though.

The pads come with bedding-in instructions in the box normally, one extra thing to check is that all the bedding-in layer is gone before taking it on track.