Wms Starlet 4 Pot Brake Kit & General Discussion

wicked looking kit, a bargain compared to the other big brake kits on the market for the starlet, i was going to order uprated discs and pads when i get paid, but i might just take it easy for a month and wait and order these :lol:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wicked looking kit, a bargain compared to the other big brake kits on the market for the starlet, i was going to order uprated discs and pads when i get paid, but i might just take it easy for a month and wait and order these :lol:

You know it makes sense! The WMS-fit aftermarket pads are cheaper as well so it's actually "sensible"! :p

ooo , so basically mate, my question, i could probbaly work this out, but im literally falling asleep, just had a day of work , followed straight by 5-aside lol . How much would a kit be all in deliverd with pads for my 1997 ep91 glanza? ( to fit under 15s - Rota gt3's)

ooo , so basically mate, my question, i could probbaly work this out, but im literally falling asleep, just had a day of work , followed straight by 5-aside lol . How much would a kit be all in deliverd with pads for my 1997 ep91 glanza? ( to fit under 15s - Rota gt3's)

Sorry I didn't get staight back to you, I lost my home internet last night!

If you could let me know:

1 - Which kit you want (you'll have to print the PDFs out to test if your wheels fit I'm afraid).

2 - Which pads you want.

3 - If you want lines.

...I can work you out a quote!

Id like to know the final price for everything delivered for the "heavy duty kit"

any chance of a group buy price?

We don't normally do group buys, the WMS kit is already extremely good value and there is far more demand than stock. We might look at it a later date, but we still deal with each customer directly, no "pot" etc.

Again let me know which options/pads you want and I'll total it up for you! :lol:

no problem bud, well im ordering a new set of wheels in the next week, so when they arrive ill have to check which kit fits then, where do i get the pdfs from ?

EDIT: Just had a look on the first page again :p ill be in touch buddy :lol:

no problem bud, well im ordering a new set of wheels in the next week, so when they arrive ill have to check which kit fits then, where do i get the pdfs from ?

EDIT: Just had a look on the first page again B) ill be in touch buddy :lol:

:p Cool....

Just been testing the 15" SR Speedline on the 275x22 (4P107) kit: :rolleyes:

IMG_1637b-25.jpg

IMG_1633b-25.jpg

----------------

...and ths morning I've been testing the 15" SR Speedline on the 277x25 (4P109) kit! Ok maybe I'm getting carried away with the photography?

IMG_1651c-25.jpg

IMG_1655b-25.jpg

Still loads of room with the thicker disc though, see below:

IMG_1657b-25.jpg

Cool 'artsy' pics :rolleyes:

Cool result too with the large discs. Im almost certainly going to be investing in this kit. My only worry with it is bleeding the system correctly once fitted (never done it before)

Perhaps you could right up a dummies guide to bleeding your brakes?

Mitch

Cool 'artsy' pics :)

Cool result too with the large discs. Im almost certainly going to be investing in this kit. My only worry with it is bleeding the system correctly once fitted (never done it before)

Perhaps you could right up a dummies guide to bleeding your brakes?

Mitch

Ta! :lol:

Basically you just follow the Toyota / Haynes proceedures for your car even if you have WMS calipers, but instead of bleeding one nipple at each caliper (on the std calipers) you do the outer/top one then the inner/top one. Normally you would bleed the calipers in order of how far from the m-cyl they are, furthest to nearest, but check the manual!

Isn't there a Starlet-specific bleeding brakes guide on the site somewhere I thought?

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone know which kit will fit under a set of 15" rota gt3s ? not to confident in trusting myself with those pdf things lol

(FFS! :) ) send me your address by PM and I'll print some out and post them to you! I'm not cutting them out in detail though, get your scissors out!

I've been tidying up and have split the info between the two "fits" (54mm and 55mm), updated prices/specs are here:

WMS Brakes For 54mm Hub Starlets (>92 Turbo (EP82) etc)

&

WMS Brakes For 55mm Hub Starlets ('92-'96 Turbo (EP82), '96> Turbo (EP92) etc)

Also I've done thunbnails of all the photos to save scrolling!

th_4P107-03-004S.jpg th_WMS-800x600-T20-EBC-Red.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-g.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-h.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-i.jpg

th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-b.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-c.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-e.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-f.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-a.jpg

th_WMS-800x600-4P1071-d.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1091-c.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1091-d.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1091-a.jpg th_WMS-800x600-4P1091-b.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi Phil, sorry for the slow reply!!!!

From the 22mm thick discs and Red you're running, the upgrade steps I suggest would be:

- EBC Yellows if you manage to get fade with the Reds (have you managed it so far?).

...then....

- 25mm thick discs if you STILL get fade, or if the 22mm ones warp (no-one has warped any yet as far as I know). You'll need the thicker caliper spacers+longer bolt kit to match, to make the calipers the correct width for the 25mm disc - I'm happy to re-build the calipers for you if you drain all the fluid out and clean them for me first!!! :lol: (just drop them off as you're local)

However, if the Reds don't fade (some people race on them), and the 22mm discs don't warp, I would try the car as-is, because A. you'll have better brakes from cold and B. you'll have less unsprung mass with the lighter disc meaning better handling/grip and faster acceleration/braking!

Hi Phil, sorry for the slow reply!!!!

From the 22mm thick discs and Red you're running, the upgrade steps I suggest would be:

- EBC Yellows if you manage to get fade with the Reds (have you managed it so far?).

...then....

- 25mm thick discs if you STILL get fade, or if the 22mm ones warp (no-one has warped any yet as far as I know). You'll need the thicker caliper spacers+longer bolt kit to match, to make the calipers the correct width for the 25mm disc - I'm happy to re-build the calipers for you if you drain all the fluid out and clean them for me first!!! :) (just drop them off as you're local)

However, if the Reds don't fade (some people race on them), and the 22mm discs don't warp, I would try the car as-is, because A. you'll have better brakes from cold and B. you'll have less unsprung mass with the lighter disc meaning better handling/grip and faster acceleration/braking!

Hi Keri,

No I have had no problems so far was just wondering, will probably be going for the yellow's next as have been enjoying the tracks in other cars and the reds don't last that long on their cars.

Phil.

• 1 month later...
HI Keri, would you know if the heavy duty disc will fit under my 15" team dynamic 1.2 ?

Hiya, that's not been tested yet as far as I can remember, but you can check using the PDF templates.

Drop me a PM if you're stuck! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Just a heads-up as we're down to the last few days where if anyone wanted to order a kit now I can just about keep it at 17.5% vat instead of 20%.

The reason is that HMRC has made a rule that as long as something is paid for before the vat rate goes up in Jan, the "vat date" can be in Dec (17.5%) instead of being the shipping date (which is the usual rule, and forces the vat to 20%).

So if anyone wants to dive in and save that extra 2.5% drop me a PM ASAP! :lol:

• 1 month later...
can you supply a 255 mm kit, with 25mm thick discs??

I'm afraid not. Although I can get discs that size I can't fit the caliper that "low" as it touches the hub...

What have you got in mind? We can probably do 262.5mm....

what are the general opinions on this kit people? anybody used them really hard?

im tempted to get a set for my ep95. im assuming they would be the same as a set for a glanza

C'mon people! Enzo, have you fitted yours yet? :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
what are the general opinions on this kit people? anybody used them really hard?

im tempted to get a set for my ep95. im assuming they would be the same as a set for a glanza

I have been using them for a year now. Have done a track day with no issues, and booted it around the Exmoor National Park with all its hairpins and sharp corners, Brakes never missed a beat and I never worried about them.