Wms Starlet 4 Pot Brake Kit & General Discussion

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would these fit under 14" wheels at all? I'm guessing there's absolutely no chance :p

i tried the pdf file on mine mate and for size around the disc edge theres loads of room to spare and mine r 15's so they may do...its the size (thickness) of the caliper that im unsure of. its either very close or fouling. is there any mod's that can be made if it is touching?

• 2 weeks later...
ul have to excuse kerri for the next week, hes had a really shitty thing hes had to go through right now

Thanks for the support Geo, that's an understatement... :D

Also cheers for the your patience lads, much appreciated!!!!!

Right then, here we go:

I need that PDF aswell.

Jack

Does anyone has the pdf for 14". The link seems to be dead...

Fixed it, here you go guys: (Beta/proposed kit) smallest possible 262.5mm kit profile, accurate to about 1.0mm: 262.5mm WMS kit PDF

just to let u kno dude, the pdf's some of the measurements are a bit out

Hi Rich, are they? Shouldn't be - which bits? :p

i tried the pdf file on mine mate and for size around the disc edge theres loads of room to spare and mine r 15's so they may do...its the size (thickness) of the caliper that im unsure of. its either very close or fouling. is there any mod's that can be made if it is touching?

That's the offset you mean? The 275x22 kit is of course 3mm thinner than the 277x25 which helps! Failing that it's wheel spacers to the rescue, we've got very nice 2mm ones cut from 6082 T6 plate if needed. :D

Does that make sense?

Would these fit under 14" wheels at all? I'm guessing there's absolutely no chance :D

It's possible, but only a few motorsport wheels stand a chance. Have you tried the PDFs inside your wheels? The proposed 262.5mm kit might be the solution failing that....?

i have 15"rotas gt3s belive

looking for a set of these possibly.

could you please pm me with prices an all details etc

thanks very much

PM on the way!

What is the final deliverd price for a set of these please Keri? Whenever your ready dude!

Another PM on the way!

Ok Enzo :( Hope your ok Keri mate i await your pm when you are back working.. :rolleyes:

Yet another PM on its way!

Keri do you offer only the caliper with pads and lines? I mean no adapters, no disks...

I tried the 14" template today and it wouldn't clear my 14" Black Racing wheels.

For the reference, it's 14*6 ET40. If it was ET34 and a tad smaller rotor, it will fit (Lets say the stock glanza 255mm)

hey keri, i need some pads, whats the best pads for fast road use? are any of them more responsive than others? need a price for some new ones. cheers.

PM sent.

Keri do you offer only the caliper with pads and lines? I mean no adapters, no disks...

I tried the 14" template today and it wouldn't clear my 14" Black Racing wheels.

For the reference, it's 14*6 ET40. If it was ET34 and a tad smaller rotor, it will fit (Lets say the stock glanza 255mm)

We can supply just the calipers etc - the trouble is that the calipers run into the hub's lugs at any disc size under 260mm-ish. In fact the 262.5mm kit pushes it's luck and might need the hub's lugs to be smoothed if it's lumpier than the one I've got here!

Would wheel spacers help with your particular alloys?

Got 2 question before I order the big kit.

1. I got a hub with my engineswap. Where do I measure for the 54 or 55mm?

2. Will my HKS braided GTT brakelines fit the calipers? If no, What do I need to get this fitted :)?

Sorry for my engrish, lol

Got 2 question before I order the big kit.

1. I got a hub with my engineswap. Where do I measure for the 54 or 55mm?

2. Will my HKS braided GTT brakelines fit the calipers? If no, What do I need to get this fitted :) ?

Sorry for my engrish, lol

Here you go:

1. It's the part that the hole in the middle of the disc goes over. Some hubs are 54mm all the way, later cars have a 55mm step at the bottom.

2. I'm afraid they won't, you'll need the WMS-spec Earls ones.

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty much at the point of ordering some alloy bells + rotors, so I'm wondering what kind of numbers of people are interested in them, either to go with their existing WMS kits as a retro-fit upgrade, or as part of a kit?

As a retro-upgrade they will cost approx:

- £119.00+vat/pr for the rotors (273x20.5 and work with the existing T20 caliper and the brackets sold so far)

- £112.00+vat/pr for the bells (6082 T6 alloy, clear anodised like the WMS brackets)

- £TBC nuts and bolts (nuts will not have Nylon, they'll by all-metal Binx aerospace style locknuts)

- £TBC T20 "20.5mm" spec caliper spacers+bolts to rebuilt the calipers to the correct width

As a kit (same "bits" as the current kits: calipers, rotors+bells, brackets+inserts, bolts, washers) it'll be maybe £615-ish+vat, about £180+vat more than the 275x22 one-peice disc version (£170+vat more than the 277x25 one).

I just got a final price on the machining and the bells will actually be £167.36+vat/pr, the increase is because I made them deeper - didn't think it would make that much difference! It'll add £50ish+vat to the kit cost as well.