Wms Starlet 4 Pot Brake Kit & General Discussion

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update as we had a batch of kits arrive last week, and there are two left....

I'm letting people who were "waiting/interested" know, but no-one put a deposit down so these are available to the first person with the readies! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

295x26mm Starlet brackets in the flesh, got them today! :)

I'm chuffed with them, they duck "inside" the disc, meaning that even though the disc is thicker than the previous kits it is actually further away from the wheel spokes (in terms of offset).

Curvy!

IMG_7249-25.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just a note to say we have had a batch of calipers in, all but ONE PAIR are sold already - this means a single kit (275x22 or 277x25 or 295x26) is available so PM me if you want it! First come (with funds) first served. I'll be PMing people as well and will try and be fair over who gets it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pondering releasing a 2-pot front kit!

It uses the EP91 etc 254mm front discs and easliy fits under 14" front wheels. The Lotus Elise uses a similar 2-pot front caliper with a pad that's approx 77x50x14 (38cm/2 ish). The WMS T10 pad is smaller, at approx 48x42x12.5 (20cm/2 ish), but high temperature compounds are cheap in the WMS format. Piston area in the largest piston version of the T10 is 85.7% of the 48mm-piston Starlet caliper though so you will get a bias shift to the rear if you already have 258mm discs - if you DON'T have 258mm discs you should see a more sensible bias at the front.

This makes sense to me as a lighter/cheaper kit for n/a cars on 14's, to step up from 229mm / 238mm discs to a bigger disc and lighter caliper.

Here's the WMS T10 caliper! :D

WMS-800x600-RB0011-f.jpg

Does anyone like the sound of this?

I'd have to do some checking, but the T10 2-pots are roughly £62+vat/pr less than the T20 4-pots. The discs are the same price as the 275x22 ones from the 4P107 kit, brackets/lines/bolts etc will be the same too.

So including discs, about £380+vat maybe - excluding discs (lots of people will already have them!), about £325+vat. You also need lines which are the same price, pads are £35.94+vat for EBC Red, £45.60+vat for EBC Yellow, £34.18+vat for Ferodo DS3000, £32.48 for Ferodo 4003, £26.50+vat for Wilwood B10, £36.50+vat for Wilwood B20. LOADS more makes support the pad shape, same as the T20 4-pot pads!

so if ive got this right

including discs/b10`s/earls lines the total including vat for this kits comes to £555?

compared to the 4p107 kit:

some red stuff pads/lines it comes to £629

a saving of £74 in total....IF the 4p107 fits 14" wheels....interesting

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, things have been hectic this week - we're out of stock but are taking deposits to reserve kits from the next batch, I'll send you a proper PM message ASAP. (...same goes for the other people I need to reply to, I'll get in touch very soon...)

Sorry for being slow! Keri