• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rick,

so if i got 2 bulb holders out the rear parking lights i could use those as they are dual element? (get brighter when you brake)

thanks again for this, im gonna attempt it in the snow if it really is as simple as swapping my bulb holder and a little re-wiring,

by the way i did search the forum but couldnt find a how to on this, may do one if anyone wants it

Thanks Rick,

so if i got 2 bulb holders out the rear parking lights i could use those as they are dual element? (get brighter when you brake)

thanks again for this, im gonna attempt it in the snow if it really is as simple as swapping my bulb holder and a little re-wiring,

by the way i did search the forum but couldnt find a how to on this, may do one if anyone wants it

A little write up would be nice mate! :lol:

mint! is ive always wandered this dude, but never thought about doing this like that,

same as the turn signals on a new shape transit~?

is it as simple as just adding the wire to a double fillament bulb?

would it fail an mot like this?

Hey people late rep!! I forgot about doing a write up! Just did a quick write up with help from my mate Rajaa!lol.

Merry Christmas by the way!!

You will need double filament bulb holders, cutter, scotch lock, insulation tape, and screwdriver for this exercise! :rolleyes:

1) Dismantle the existing indicator

2) Cut the indicator wires

3) Wire up the earth with earth on the double filament bulb holders (black wire)

4) Wire the green wire from the holder to the indicator signal

5)(If you want amber sidelights to come on with your headlight sidelights) wire the red wire coming from the bulb holder to the sidelight power signal (using scotch lock)

However if you want want them to come on as your sidelights ignore scorching the redwire and cut the sidelight light wire and join this to the red wire.. This may give a brighter bulb.. Although i didnt notice a difference when i connected mine to the sidelight.

Repeat this step for the other side.

So there are 3 wires in total on coming from each Double filament bulb holders.

Black/Green/Red

And finally just test it.. And you should have JDM amber lights at the front!! ;)

Rickstar!

• 3 weeks later...

how do you think it looks on my n/a?

i just put the hazard lights on and took a picture just to see what it would look like

Snapshot.jpg

i dont think ill be doing it till i do a couple more mods like alloys, but just something to think about...

Anup :thumbsup:

i think mine will look better with an import size plate tho :lol:

and the main reason i might do it is because its different to all of the 'wanna b Audi LED strips' i c on every car, and i saw it on a civic in my gym car park and it looks FTW ;)

Anup

No worries guys happy to help!!

yeh anup67 looks good bro!.. get the sqaure plate on... Although it wont be that bright when connected, little dimmer, it will be bright lyk your pic above ^^ when your indicating as that will have both filaments on.

It is different JDM... suits the starlets i think.. :lol:

i think mine will look better with an import size plate tho :o

and the main reason i might do it is because its different to all of the 'wanna b Audi LED strips' i c on every car, and i saw it on a civic in my gym car park and it looks FTW :lol:

Anup

Agreed, would look really nice with some 6"x12" plates! ;)

I might do this! Where do you get this double filament bulb holders from? From rear parking lights off another car?

what he said =] where?

Yeah rear of a car.. i got mine out of some civic in scrap yard.. or any car u know thats got double filament that will fit.. the honda ones fit good with a little bit of hand work.. very similar to the ones in the starlets. :lol:

i will do dude, i have some rear light looms here. and i should be picking up my remix bumper tomorrow.

Thanks! So you're using the holders out of a Starlet yeah? I wanna use whatever needs least modding to fit them..

You still snowed in dude? I wanna see the SR already :lol: