ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

Duuude just throw a stock motor in there and get it running... this car is your demo car... its supposed to represent your work. you make some shit hot kits and this car really shows what your work is all about. Sell the suspension and loose half the cars looks and it will be a massive fail!

the car is 99% done exterior wise, just paint up those last bits and you have a sorted car!! just remember your work isnt about engines its about providing some of the best kits available for the EP91/82's!

I personally would throw a stock motor in enjoy your awesome car drive it round and rep your awesome work and then on the side take your time and build up THE perfect motor to match the sweet ride. perfection cant be made over night... dont throw away your hard work.

... Rant over ;)

This, she's looks too good to track anyway!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys I really appreciate the support. The block is not worthy of a rehone, think they've rehoned it too much or something. When we removed piston and rod number 2, it just dropped straight out as if the rings were not even touching the bores!

I'll see what I can sell this week and will work things out from the funds I have.

5E-FHTE Build!

Ok the decision has been made, it's time to go 5E - but not forged. I had an immaculate 5EFHE engine sat in storage just in case of an 'emergency' :( and now it's going to come in handy.

I am currently having some work carried out:

Mild head port and polish

Valves reseated

FTE pistons fitted to FHE rods

I have ordered:

Toyota OEM piston rings

Toyota OEM engine gasket set

Toyota OEM 3ETE flywheel (so I can use the 4E Spec paddle clutch)

I still need a set of engine bearings which I'm struggling to find, ideally wanting a set of ACL duraglides. I'll also be using a 1.2mm ZEP headgasket with ARP headbolts. The TD05 kit is staying and possibly the custom inlet too, so it could be an interesting set up :)

Sounds pretty sick. How much boost can the 5efhe rods take then?

Depends on the map imo, I'll go for 1.4 bar and I think it will be fine if Race-tech Ricky maps it. B)

5E is better than no V!

it rhymes :p

cool stuff mate looking forward to seeing the fineshed car mate :) still think you should keep them sexy asss wheels!

Cheers Josh, the wheels are staying! :(

I've just dropped off the crank for a micro polish and I'm in the process of ordering ACL bearings, so it should be ready to be built soon hopefully! :D

I can imagine, a TD04 would give an awesome response on a 5E. I'm sticking with the TD05 for now, will see how it goes. I may swap it over with a TD04 later to compare the difference. :)

I can imagine, a TD04 would give an awesome response on a 5E. I'm sticking with the TD05 for now, will see how it goes. I may swap it over with a TD04 later to compare the difference. :)

or buy my hybrid td04/05 :(

Gooooood man! i look forward to some awesome updates.... dont make me write a massive rant out again! :p

:D I'll try to save you the hassle!

is it me or arent the pics working?

Jack

My photobucket has gone weird, they won't show until the 24th as I've reached my limit this month! I'd have hosted them again but don't have the pictures saved. :(

good to see your sticking with it, will b awesome when done B)

Hopefully! You have a PM. :D

or buy my hybrid td04/05 :)

PM me details and I might be interested!

So glad to hear your contiuning with the project mate. It WILL be worth it when its all finished mate.

Fingers crossed! :D

:)

Huge thanks to Jayep91 who sorted me a set of ACL bearings, and I've ordered a new oil pump which means everything should be here by the weekend.

A picture update!

4E removed and stripped

35abe00d.jpg

582c63b8.jpg

The engine bay could do with a clean! :(

b3ba2dd1.jpg

4EFTE & 5EFHE pistons with rods, the pistons are in the process of being swapped over

7ea89f2f.jpg

Sent these off for a clean too:

e7b3d342.jpg

Leaving me with the new victim!

90e8af61.jpg

3042f8eb.jpg

It needs a good clean and a lick of paint as you can see. I'll be taking it to the engineers to have the bores deglazed before painting it. It will most probably go black this time!

very jealous. this was my plan aswell if i manage to source a good 5efe/5efhe. will be really interesting to know how u get on as this is what im planning on now, td05 with 5efhte.

good luck and hope it works this time!

absolutely love this build is a true inspiration to try new things. more people need to do builds on starlets like this instead of the norm.

sam.

very jealous. this was my plan aswell if i manage to source a good 5efe/5efhe. will be really interesting to know how u get on as this is what im planning on now, td05 with 5efhte.

good luck and hope it works this time!

absolutely love this build is a true inspiration to try new things. more people need to do builds on starlets like this instead of the norm.

sam.

Cheers mate, appreciate that! You can have a test ride in it if we ever meet at any meets etc. :)

No worries dude the bearings are on there way to you now just been posted

Top man! :rolleyes:

Flying along mate, are you using the fhe head?

Yeah Sparky, the head is currently at an engineers being ported and polished, 3 angle valve grinds and valves are being reseated at the same time. :p

Gonna be immense!!

Looking good Iddy mate!!! :)

Cheers Zac, we'll meet up for sure once it's on the road!

Quick picture of the beadwork while in progress, 3 angle valve grind was already done which baffled me a little. Maybe the FHE came like this from factory?! :rolleyes:

6f35df84.jpg

304c6ad1.jpg

They're the only 2 (poor) pictures I managed to take, I'll get more once I have the head back!