How 2: Fit A Heater Control Backlight Bulb

Thought i would do a hows to on Replacing the Bulb that Illuminates the Heater control's,

Sorry if it is abit of a vague Hows to but i initially did not intend to take picture's to do a hows to, It's simple enough to do anyway but thought it would help

I'm not the best at explaining things but will do my best :p

Tools Required

x1 Phillips screw driver

x1 Flat Head screw driver

Parts Required

A replacement bulb, I got one from a local Motor Factor's for 87p

How to

Right first off you just need to pull the little rubber bits of the end of the Heat and air flow levers (excuse the rubber gloves B) )

12022010112.jpg

Then get your Flat head screw driver and gently prise the Heater control unit out of its position and disconnect the connection

12022010110.jpg

Then turn the unit over so you can see the back, You will be able to see a little access area in the plastic covering the Circuit board (I removed the plastic cover to make it easy getting hold of the bulb but you don't have to) Just use your Phillips screw drive to unscrew it about 1/4 of a turn

12022010104-2.jpg

12022010106-1.jpg

Then here is the little bulb There is a little green sock over the top of the Standard bulb which pulls of so you can push it over the new bulb

12022010107-1.jpg

Then just re-fit the new bulb and work backwards to replace the heater control unit :mellow: