Brakes

Hi guys

Was just looking at the 10groove endless discs on the Envy performance website, my question is will they fit an 94 ep82 turbo because it just states "Starlet" on the site with no other options i.e (n/a or turbo), just wanted to make sure before ordering.

also what pads do people recomend was looking at either green/red stuff or the mintex 1144s

cheers

Nick

Greenstuff for sure,real good bite from cold and v little dust.redstuff is designed for heavier cars and need some warming up before using properly,think a starlet might struggle to get them up to temp and keep the heat in them.Think 3G discs are only £100 on ebay.

Guest daveburwash
3G disc's i have heard they split if you get the drilled ones..... but i've replaced the SR front brake disc's as 3G drilled and grooved, with Greenstuff pads, excellent braking :huh:

3g don't make drilled discs Shelly, only dimpled

Cheers for the replys guys, was just looking at the 3g discs on ebay, my cars an ep82 94 model, so i take it the centre is 55mm not 54m like early ep82s, sorry for all the questions but i dont know too much about the starlets at all.! :huh: plus dont want to order the wrong ones and have the hassel of returning them.

do you see much difference in braking or is it just for extra cooling between the amount of groves on the discs?

:lol:

The grooves are there to skim the pad and get rid off the gasses caused by brakeing.Stops the pads becoming glazed which affects the ability of the brakes to perform as wellas they should.A local garage put standard pads on mine at a service and they were glazed and crap at stopping after a coupla hundred miles thanks to some spirited downhill driving! Got ebc's on the way though.:huh: