• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So! An Update At Last!

Its been so busy for me over the past 6 months! Anyhoo! Here goes!

JAE!

Got there late and just managed to get my tent up before we lost all the light. Thank god.

Some lads from Studio38 came wandering around and said they were looking for a car to put in there show and shine display in one of the sheds at the showground all day.

Now, since John wasnt there, someone thought it was a brilliant idea to recommend me. Despite the fact I hadnt even had chance to detail the car.

Drongo and Alex then went completely nuts, running round like crazy blokes cleaning the car for me. Sterling job they did too, and into show and shine it went!

post-2707-0-75488200-1475568170_thumb.jp

post-2707-0-51435600-1475568186_thumb.jp

post-2707-0-05876000-1475568198_thumb.jp

Looked stunning, was so impressed. So credit where its due chaps!

Then into Show n Shine it went!

post-2707-0-30862300-1475568259_thumb.jp

Then of course, sterling job by Staff at UKSO as always. The CLub BBQ was put on for everyone. It seemed to go down well as always!

post-2707-0-38571400-1475568343_thumb.jp

post-2707-0-35402600-1475568356_thumb.jp

JAE was as always, fucking exceptional and I FULLY recommend it to anyone! Get it done!

Also got to give TrisK a passenger ride, as he has been waiting years and it was only fair. Hope he enjoyed!

Then. Ontop Japshow Finale! Well!

I really enjoyed this show. Big thanks to Drongo for the invite also!

I wanted to beat my pathetic 14.9 I set at like 340bhp on my 4E-FTE many many years ago. That time has always loomed over me and sickened me! lol

So signed on and in the que.

post-2707-0-32133800-1475568512_thumb.jp

I only managed to get 3 runs in. Many cars were failing. Including a Yellow GT (350-400bhp) with a gearbox failure off the mark which was all too familiar to watch. Been there done that got the fucking tshirt!

However, now. 80% of the reason I did this change was to make my drivetrain bombproof. So lets see how it holds up!

Pushing the car in the que was much easier then paddle clutching it the entire way also!

post-2707-0-46499800-1475568925_thumb.jp

As long as someones steering anyways!!

1st Run. No Burnout, decided to bring it onto boost slowly in 1st gear to set a base time.

14.21 @ 107.54

This was MILES better then before and the terminal was so much higher. The car was also soooo quick off the mark, no wheel hop, no shaking of the wheels, no shaking of the shafts. No Broken parts, it lapped it up!

So this 2nd run, burnout time! Got the T1R's sticky (yeh I know wtf was I thinking). Launched on launch control and it went so well.

Boom.

13.57 @ 108.07

Chuffed with that. Was only time for one more run, but I messed up the start. So didn't improve again.

But a 13.57 with me (im not light) and another passenger who also is no lightweight. On 195/50/15 T1Rs. I was pretty pleased with.

Certainly with no passenger and something sticky rubber (888 or AD08) there is a mid to high 12 on the cards im sure! Still a lot of spinning in 1st and 2nd.

post-2707-0-46296300-1475569074_thumb.jp

post-2707-0-04107600-1475569133_thumb.jp

Here are the videos of the runs put together.

1st run was against a COLT CZT.

2nd run was against a 600bhp+ RX7.

3rd run was against Godzilla himself with 650bhp+

Not too shabby at all!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeC2W4iDGvs

Thats pretty much it for winter now so, plans for winter are as follows!

1, PAS. This needs sorting asap.

2, Programme my Race-Dash in.

3, Sort a Bonnet Solution Out!

4, Raise the boost a touch from 8psi to maybe 10psi. See what we get :D

Watch this space :)

Also got to give TrisK a passenger ride, as he has been waiting years and it was only fair. Hope he enjoyed!

only 3 years mate. not too long ;)

ill never forget the sad look on your face at RaceTech lat year when you realised that you werent taking it home that day!

I also kept the videos of it on the Dyno a secret, so you owe me big time ;)

The spin was very uneventful, no wheel spin, no understeer, just puffs of black/flames out the screamer and running out of gears!

forge the engine properly and run like 30 psi matt :)

iod say you must be happy chappy being so far already :thumbsup:

lol, I know that is the long term plan! At the moment im just loving the power its at! LOL

only 3 years mate. not too long ;)

ill never forget the sad look on your face at RaceTech lat year when you realised that you werent taking it home that day!

I also kept the videos of it on the Dyno a secret, so you owe me big time ;)

The spin was very uneventful, no wheel spin, no understeer, just puffs of black/flames out the screamer and running out of gears!

3 years yeh. lol Worth it in the end im sure.

Good stuff.

With the power you have you should hit a low 12 with correct tyre and launch :thumbsup:

Yeh Rob I know mate. Didn't go with the intention of doing that tbh! Thought oh fuck it we will get a baseline.

Remove a passenger, Fit Sticky Tyre's. Im sure it'd be in the 12s tbh!

Those GTR's are so bloody quick off the line. I queued next to a lovely looking tricked up grey one that ran low 11's on a few runs after me. Saw that gold GT parked up when I left didn't realise he'd had issues. Poor bloke

What does the czt go like is it a mate of yours??? Only asking as I've just bought one and it's by far the worst handling car I've ever owned in standard form wondering if it's even worth modifying tbh seems like it could have potential

Edited by Whitenoize

They're pretty good with some tweaks mate. My best friend bought the one that was magazine owned- was around 200bhp on light mods and absolutely left my mapped Auris SR180. You turning this one into a hill climb car?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow haha read through pretty much all of this from start to finish! Quite quickly though so wanna go through some of it again to recap but this build is amazing! So much respect to you for all the dedication, and the way you've kept going even though the cars not gone to plan and left you at a whits end!

What an awesome car though can't wait to see more of it!!

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

any updateon this? im tempted to swap my forged 5e for a 2zz turbo setup, my 5e is on its last legs and 9 years of it i want somthing different.  id only be looking for low to mid 300's but with contrant tracking in min.

i already have a t-sport corolla... :)

Edited by goldenvtr
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...