• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They fit surprisingly well, even Ricky was surprised...

post-2707-0-16850700-1394618926.jpg

Looking forward to having a sit in it tomorrow!

Hit a bit of a snag tho...

The bar you see in front of the seats, (original seat mountings) at the moment unlike the rear one, is very structural...

Its made from much thicker metal and welded to the car in many more places....

So as a temporary thing, that's staying in place for now (stops the seat being put forward)....

When I go for a cage it can be removed and the strength can be added back in, in a different way....

To allow full movement of the seat :)

Well, its done now. Ready for mapping!

Only setback atm, is Azz's car is on the dyno having a map written from scratch! Which is going to take some time. So mines next in the que, then its boost time!

Mine should get on the dyno mid/end of next week, all being well!

In Other News...

Seats are finished and in...

post-2707-0-19899200-1394791002.jpg

Had a sit in them today. Wow!

Much further back then the stock seats. There a little higher which wasn't the best. So ill be working on a solution to put them on the absolute floor soon when Ricky has some more time!

post-2707-0-09914200-1394791167.jpg

Look awesome though and hug you soooo good!

She is going to need another 1 day clean again!

post-2707-0-25112500-1394791249.jpg

Roll on next week for a mapping :)

Well, as I mentioned above. I was uber happy with the seats and how much further back they were. However the height was niggling me! As I want things perfect!

So, I decided to loose the ability to slide the seat to get them lower...

Gave Ricky the go ahead to remove the seats from the sliders, then I received this pic:

post-2707-0-14370900-1395065451.jpg

Turns out we gained what looks to be 2 inches! Which doesn't sound a lot, but in terms of seat height, that's 2 miles! So its looking like the driving position is going to be chuffing awesome!

To give you a better idea of height:

post-2707-0-21659900-1395065517.jpg

Base of seat where your arse goes is level with the sill haha!

Best thing is, the recline function still works and the height adjustment built into the seat also still works! So the seats can be raised around 3 inches+ if needs be to line up to the stock seat height or even higher! As they come up they also come forward, which is beneficial if I feel generous enough to let any reasonably tall friends have a drive! haha.

More to come folks!

Lol...The previous owner of my V only sold it as he outgrew the car he was 6.4 at the time iirc,

He had the lowest rail on the drivers side with a recaro bucket seat and he still didnt quiet fit he used to get a lot of stick from his mates who said he looks like an overgrown baby in a pram lol