Rob_bower's 242 bhp SR - Refresh and fueling upgrades.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

As prommised now jae is over and done with and the site is back up, it time for and update!!!!! im sure those who were at jae spotted them at some point but for those who werent there here goes!!!!

the first thing to arrive was my early glanza rear light to make things a bit more symetrical, along with the aux reverse loghts which were a pain to wire in to the boot lid but well worth it!!! along witht the import number plates (the rear has the uksc url for advertising puposes) :angry:

IMG_2367.jpg

22072007043.jpg

seconed part sourced finally was the rolla mani at a bargain £30 from a local jap spares :angry: fitting this wasnt fun as one of the original securing bolts of the standard inlet mani sheared off in the block!!! with no room to get a drill in removing it was fun!!!! but it was a good job i had pocket'ed one from the scrappy.

02072007023.jpg

next was a bit of maufacturing a home made heat shield for the HKS air filter :(

04072007025.jpg

next was a whole lot of painting fitting and cleaning and fettling making my engine bay that bit nicer!!! :angry:

25072007050.jpg

i was supprised how clean the cams were when i removed the rocker cover...

05072007026.jpg:p

there were a few other bits re-done like the wheel tapes but the last major thing for this update is slightly random a new interior its froma an Mitsi FTO and took a few days to fab up brackets and get them all fitted

26072007052.jpg

26072007053.jpg

it all fitted ok in the end i used the covers off the fto's to retrim the old starlet seats with some of the sponge off the fto seats and a can of spray on adhesive!!! :angry:

thanks for looking guys!!!

Rob

Excellent work Rob like I said before, you really made the effort to get the SR ready for JAE and you did!!!

Look forward to trying out your cooking skills next year mate :(

Peace

Joz

nice one rob, will have to have a meet soon when my new cars up and running so i can see your work. loving the engine bay mate. i may also need some help regarding reverse lights, i dont have none the reverse lights have been turned into rear fogs. so i will be in touch about wires and stuff!!!

keirz

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION EVERYONE!! PAY ATTENTION TO PHIL!!!!!!!!!! RIGH NOW DAMMIT!!!

THIS CAR IS THE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no really....its sex!!!!!!!!!!!!! its SO mint in the flesh, the wheels are awesome, the revesin lights destroyed my retina's, the engine bay is spotless, and those seats...i went to asda in those seats...my goodness they are comfy as hell!!! no, seriously, that rear bench is SO damn comfortable!!!!!!

Rob mate i told u this to your face but im tellin u again, your car is so damn tasty!!!! urwork is top notch and so original!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it up man, i cant wait to see wot u do next the car!!!

Phil.

Excatly what Phil said, in the flesh the colour of the wheels and calipers work so much better than in photos and even then its nice. Like shelly said, it does look a little similar to mine but also different, its great!

Not really a fan of the interior tho.. :unsure: (don't kill me) :D but i must admit, it does look nicer than the standard seats.

Keep it up mate.

T

Cheers Guys i might have sourced something else today dependin on price but will keep you updated!!!

Excatly what Phil said, in the flesh the colour of the wheels and calipers work so much better than in photos and even then its nice. Like shelly said, it does look a little similar to mine but also different, its great!

Not really a fan of the interior tho.. :unsure: (don't kill me) :D but i must admit, it does look nicer than the standard seats.

Keep it up mate.

T

cheers BIG T i was nice to briefly meet you and shelly at jae, i know what you mean about the seats thay are a bit marmite'ish but for a measly £10 im not to fussed if i only keep them in for 6 months but the hold you so much better than the standard ones!!!

Thanks again guys n gals!!!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick one not done much since jae. I removed and refitted the seats properly re-welded the mounts and gave tham a lick of hammerite!!! have taken delivery of some snazzy orange Toms harness pads as well as fitting the TRD graphics i had custom made at jae with orange instaed of red!!! next a propper service after i get back of my holls!!!

10092007007.jpg

10092007008.jpg

10092007009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

not been doing much of late will be starting the refurb on the speedlines nextweek hopefully!!! ave the car a really good wash and powerwashed the underside the other day i was supprised how clean it is after a year of shit weather!!!

15102007025.jpg

15102007023.jpg

15102007020.jpg

i also gave the rear drums a bit of a clean inside to clear some of the crap out of them hopefully thay might work now (i think its time for rear discs!!!)

before

15102007017.jpg

after

15102007018.jpg

nice work mate!! didnt know u had an ARB under there!! schneaky schneaky!!! nice!!

Phil.

that ARB is the stanard one amigo just had a lick of the good old FREE orange paint!!! i did it after JAE whae i was wtill trying to figure out what the hell was creaking so i dissmantled everything and put it all back together again!!!!!