What a difference this makes to the pick up!!!!!! :lol:

so impressive isnt it :D

best thing is that'll see your car to wahetever bhp u can get with a ct9 :(

Loving it! And if u go td04 u can still sell it for the money u paid and buy a emanage with the money :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, Something i always wanted to do. Good work John, Couldnt of sold the car to anyone better IMO. Thanks for looking after my beaut! =] I've posted a topic in 'members other rides' with my new toy. It doesnt have electric mirrors like the starlet tho, or a turbo! haha

• 2 weeks later...

Went out last night for a blast an the car didn't feel right an sound off so pulled it to bits this afternoon, at least its only the gasket!!!! an not the mani, moral of this is use genuine gaskets!!!!

Gasket.jpg

Bay.jpg

Well stripped an put it all back together :) an yes Edd it's easier with the aftermarket parts B) surprised myself on that one, helped seeing someone do it the first time!!!!

Plumbed in the HDI Boost Controller, boosting back @1bar, the controller makes a differance on when the boost comes in an helps hold boost @ the level required with no creep :)

hdi.jpg

Couln't resist taking a pic just before i completed, still fluid to put in an fmic pipinng to complete

hdi2.jpg

HDI Solenoid :D

hdi3.jpg

Fitted controller in footwell using adesive pads as did not fanccy putting holes in the interior

Really pleased with it :D

i like this! i really need a boost controller next :)

Cheers Matt, defo a top investment, the hdi only has lo an hi settings, not bothered with low just set up the high @ 1 bar :)

Cant think why you would need more than two settings!!!!!! that some of the more expensive units have on???

• 3 weeks later...
lovely car in the flesh :) i was the kid with the grey and yellow top on by the way lol

Make sure you say hi next time, Japfest 2??

Such a cool car.

Cheers Dan, when are we going to start seeing you at meets??

• 1 month later...

Just a small update, fitted my racetech braided oil line that i purcahsed from Socks cheers dude!!

Fitted in a couple of mins, quality piece of workmanship an not now worrying about the pipe fracturing on the oem part!!!! Did not take any pics doh!!!

Also my purchase from Japfest2 :)

Bear.jpg

An hoping to sort out the piping on my FMIC shortly to a shorter run on the hot side to speed up spool times :thumbsup:

Will up date when complete

Found a local Welder who welds alloy an this is what he added for me!!!

pipeglanza.jpg

Bought a modified HDI Hot Pipe an fitted it to the Autobahn intercoooler an boy the chatter an pick up is wicked!!! an picture of bay, bit less cluttered!!!!

EnginebayG.jpg