Was looking forward to seeing/getting my hands on a glanza tommorow but just did an HPI check and it came up as a Cat-C Write off :lol: . The current owners only had it two weeks which made me suspicious anyhow but just really glad i did the check this time :)

Here's the old pistonheads add from when the current owner bought it - link. Currently up in Aberdeen and not advertised as for sale (i got offered a swap) but should be easily recognisable as it has a front bumper side exit exhaust just thought i'd make fowk aware.

1470751-1.jpg

1470751-2.jpg

Pretty gutted tbh :lol: Just off the phone to the owner who's been on the phone to the previous owner.

Apparently it was written off because it was broken into, the drivers window was smashed and above the lock damaged. So the story goes, it was written off because it was an import and the insurers thought they'd have a problem getting new window and door.

Since then (november) its been through an mot and what not with nothing noted :)

theres nuttin wrong with cat c write offs as long as they are repaired right. i can belive its prob been wrote off for window been smashed and tht due to year of car etc.

Hints are telling me there is more to it. It has side repeaters on the front wing - Glanza's don't. This suggests to me its been replaced but also can suggest it is just there as they wanted side repeaters. The damage tells me it would have been drivers front impact - headlight is foggy on one side and that is a BITCH to get off, drivers side is brand spanking new. Bumper just looks awful though :lol:

if you can find out a little more about the car then make your mind up about the swap but if i was you i'd would want cash too if i was gonna swap depending on what car your swapping it for

a catergory c or d is only worth half its value on any car or model

a proper garage should have stamped and certified a certificate to show your insurance or a new buyer so the car will gain its full market price

Thanks for everyone's input :p , gonna the guy back in the morning turning it down.

This would have been a straight swap for my redtop but normally prefer to pay top dollar for a car i know is legit/sound and in good nick. I paid £3k for my current vts cause it is mint, last thing i want to do is get a strange car in place of one i know that works fine/no problems

lol that is clearly obvious it has had a front end jobo. i didn't realise in the first post because i was on my iphone.

I also think the "clear" indicators were replaced with the orginal ones due to the damage.