How 2: Fit Glanza Electric Mirrors

Ok so you are sick of those ugly old mirrors sat out there on storks and want something different, well how about keeping it Toyota and sourcing some mirrors from the Glanza (unsure if they are still available new so maybe second hand). Then here is how you fit them.

Slide your hand in behind the trim and pull off this garnish piece:

Stage1.jpg

This will reveal these three nuts, get a spanner and undo these, holding the mirror so that it does not drop on the floor, then slide outwards to release it from the door:

Stage2.jpg

Now slide your electric Glanza mirror in to position using the same holes and the electrical connection through the centre hole, this used to be for the manual adjuster, but not anymore. Not forgetting to hold the mirrors while you retighten the nuts:

Stage3.jpg

You need to find the connector now for the mirrors, which for me was already in the door loom (SR model), to do this remove the two phillips screws in the door handle and the trim shown here:

Stage4.jpg

Then pop out all of the top poppers in the door card and undo this screw at the latch end of the door:

Stage5.jpg

With the screws removed, grab the door handle and pull it towards the fornt of the car so it pops out, then take the trim at the top of the door and push it upwards and it will come out of the frame. Then twist this to allow the handle to slide through the hole:

Stage6.jpg

This will reveal this connector, which simply clicks over the one coming from the mirror assembly:

Stage7.jpg

Now reverse these steps to put the door back together, and use this garnish without a hole to cover the back of the mirrors:

Stage8.jpg

Pop out the flat panel at the right hand side of the steering wheel, this is where the

buttons for the mirror adjustments go, it just clicks into place in this hole, you will not have the appropriate connectors for the mirrors on your standard loom, you would need the Glanza one. But is it really so hard to push the glass in to the position you want it? Get a 4EFTE conversion and you will have your connectors:

Stage9.jpg

Now close the door step back and admire your new mirrors, don't forget the other side:

Stage10.jpg

• 1 year later...

I realised i never got round to doing this but i found this post from Brad over on our sister site, that explains how to do it without the loom

-----1st column is mirror wires , 2nd column is dash loom-----

Right hand side..

Brown to Green/black stripe

blue to green/white stripe

red to green

black to green/red stripe

green to green/yellow stripe

Left hand side..

brown to pink/black stripe

red to pale green

blue to green/white stripe

black to pink