A Realy Bad Time To Come...

not good! sorry to hear mate! my engine gave up last month the day after its MOT when i was due to sell it a week later! couldnt have came at a worse time. i was in the same boat as you so i know how your feeling. i got a low milage engine cheap and gary_ep91 fitted it for me for a great price! its running mint now and will be back up for sale soon. try not to think about it for a day or 2 and sort your head out then get back to it and fix it as i know you love your wee car! it'll be worth it in the end

what sort of power did it run mate? and what sort of deal are you after for an 82? let me know mate. as if you only need an engine, its only a days work, £500 and that would be all new fluids, timing belt, the lot.

cheers

i would imagine with the back pressure mentioned, prob pushing pressure from the oil dipstick. blow past, but i dont get why a stuck lifter would cause pressure in the sump? pressumably, that would cause a lack of power in the cyl with the stuck lifter, due to no compresion on that cyl.

m interested in the how the conclusion came about...

<br />mines went two weeks ago thought it was rings had went but stripped it and found a had melted a piston.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

must be the heat up that side of the country haha