Hey guys,

As above really, my idle is sitting at 1100rpm when warm and I just want to wind it down. Anyone know how to do this? Pics of what to adjust etc?

Thanks

Amjad

look at your inlet manifold right near the throttle body at the back theres a hole with a screw down in it

turn that and it will increase/decrease your idle. keep turning it the right way until the idlings at what you want

800-1000rpms the best to set it at

I can't find it, have you a pic by any chance?

There one teeeny little bolt on a threaded rod underneath the throttle spring where the yellow bush is, is that it?

dunno if its the same with n/a but my idle screw has got a rubber grommet covering the hole on top of the inlet

^^^ thats the one dude. take that grommet off and the screw there enables you to turn idling up and down :p

• 7 months later...

this ^

Just to add, to adjust the idle on the N/A its a little different they dont have the said "screw".......the only way we can adjust it is via a small allen screw at the throttle cable end on the throttle body. this is factory set and has some sort of yellow liquid seal on so should never need messing with......meaning if the car does have idle issues try and sort them and use this only as a last resort.....

throttle body gasket can cause idle issues

clean the ICV

Reset the TPS (calibrate it) this was the issue with amjad

clean all the earths + add a few more

service it

the list is endless but if you done that much and still cant idle post up lol

I do not know for sure but I believe the idle on N/A's is controlled by the plate circled in red in the photo below. It seems to interact with the idle control valves shaft via a spring and a kind of insert. The insert seems to control the rotational stop points of the shaft and therefore the maximum valve opening. If you loosen the screws the plate will rotate a small amount, it is sealed with silicone so you would need to take it to bits, clean and apply new silicone, put in back togeather loosely and while the silicone is wet adjust the plate with engine running and tighten up the screws when you have it adjusted correctly. This adjustment may not be anything to do with idle adjustment, it may be to do with valve function, I'm not sure!

throttlebody.jpg

I believe the screw Asad_EP5DR talks of is the butterfly stop screw, used to stop the butterfly wedging it's self closed against the wall of the throttle body bore. It should be adjusted so that the butterfly is totally closed and dose not get jammed. If this screw is used to adjust idle it alters the angle of the butterfly shaft and therefore possibly the position (or signal) of the throttle position sensor.

Like Asad_EP5DR said above idle should not need adjusting on our cars. If your idle suddenly changes look for the cause before you adjust.

gavin

^^

not the best way totakle idle problems bud, you are altering the timing by twisting the dizzy, so it will make the idle rise or fall depending on wich way you twist but thats not the solution as you will affect the econemy and the power of the engine.

^^

not the best way totakle idle problems bud, you are altering the timing by twisting the dizzy, so it will make the idle rise or fall depending on wich way you twist but thats not the solution as you will affect the econemy and the power of the engine.

haha figured that when i took it for a drive, felt more like a lawn mower engine! it wouldnt even hit the limiter. put it back now tho but idle is still high...