• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who gets a really comforting memorable feeling from Scutches pertol garage photo?

Takes me back to them early spring/summer mornings heading to a cruise. Goes to show that photographs can capture emotion.

Most of the Newbies probably don't even know my car anyway. But here it is.

Can't have been long after I got it...

126-2652_IMG.jpg

4e_3-1.jpg

To something like this, this was still years ago now.

engine1.jpg

IMG_1115edit2.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

photoGF.jpg

GTGAZ-1.jpg

GTGAZ2.jpg

Sorry, got carried away on photobucket.

Gaz - no mate your not alone, that pic of Geo and Scutcho's old buses takes me waaaaaaaaaaaaay back to when i first joined up. i remember thinking, "damn, that garage looks like one close to me, and how awesome would it be hitting the back roads with those two lads!". i also remember showing my dad loads of pics of Scutcho's car as a form of inspiration.

your car also takes me way back because as i have told u many times, your engine bay inspired me ALOT! didnt u paint your washer bootles too??? i remember thinking how i wanted mine to look like urs, and the definition of the colour of your wheel nuts was what inspired me to plump for some coloured ones of my own too.

good times.

Phil.

Yeh, got to admit the WepR was a beautiful sound, never heard anything comparable on a starlet in real. Was very happy with it. Nice to hear you remember too actually. The vids don't do it justice.

Yeh, you have said mate, it's nice to hear. You keep bringing up the water bottles, I never painted them mate, ha. I think is what I might have done was tried it on a spare one I had, because I do remember spraying something like that.

Heres the vids, I have on PB, I had more, a couple of goodens but they're not on PB.

th_Picture105.jpg

th_carpark.jpg

th_car.jpg

First car.

th_IMAG0019.jpg

th_Picture106.jpg

th_Picture103.jpg

th_gazmpeg.jpg

lol i just keep imaging u did, even tho u've told me u didnt like 10 times lol!!!!

nevertheless, was very inspirational to me. i also remember the photochop u did of her with all the graphics in red and bronze(???) up the side, think i still have that somewhere.

Phil.

Yes mate, I did come across that on my Photobucket too. Will post it sometime. That was based on a Racing EP82 which was about at the time with the same Volks TE37's.

Wow Gaz those pics bring back memories, I remember when you bent one of the crimson's bad times, or was that on your first one?

And the petrol station pic brings back memories of the Banzai Starlet thrash, wish I could of made that :)

Scutcho's car is one of my all time faves :)

Yeh Si, I heard a while back. Haven't heard much of it recently.

Yeh lewis, was on the way back from uni in the snowy weather, was actually raining and a car infront hit a rock on the side which bounced infront of me. Was shit!!!!!!!!!!!! Was like slow motion bouncing in the road, couldn't avoid it. Thought the Crimsons reall suited it too. I ended up stranded and my phone went dead and I had no tools. I was freezing, luckily my sister somehow passed me.

Couple more, ha. I'm addicted now.

IMG_4247.jpg

ti1400_43.jpg

raceimage.jpg

IMG_5272.jpg

Gaz - no mate your not alone, that pic of Geo and Scutcho's old buses takes me waaaaaaaaaaaaay back to when i first joined up. i remember thinking, "damn, that garage looks like one close to me, and how awesome would it be hitting the back roads with those two lads!". i also remember showing my dad loads of pics of Scutcho's car as a form of inspiration.

your car also takes me way back because as i have told u many times, your engine bay inspired me ALOT! didnt u paint your washer bootles too??? i remember thinking how i wanted mine to look like urs, and the definition of the colour of your wheel nuts was what inspired me to plump for some coloured ones of my own too.

good times.

Phil.

Wow Gaz those pics bring back memories, I remember when you bent one of the crimson's bad times, or was that on your first one?

And the petrol station pic brings back memories of the Banzai Starlet thrash, wish I could of made that :)

Scutcho's car is one of my all time faves :p

Cheers guys! Nice to know people apprecheated her too! I do miss the car ( Rose tinted spectacles ) but I never considered it any better than any of youres! If anything I was inspired buy you guys too! Phil you're let has turned out x10 more innovative than mine would ever have been!

awww dude now your being too kind. only certain bits of mine could be remotely described as innovative, the rest i just paid through the nose for!!!! lol yours showed me back then that there were things that could be done to these cars, because when my dad first bought it i was not best amused lol.

Phil.

Yes but Phil, my n/a was rough around the edges... Youres was just millpond perfect! At least you spent money if you could... I was so skint back then that if I wanted something I'd make or modify something to fit... Case in point, the graphics on the n/a, which I hand cut from vinyl! And the rear strut brace modified from a mk3 astra! Lol

Cheers guys, nice one Zac, I hope she brings you years of trouble free motoring! That Glanza was in great mechanical shape all thru it's easy life with me!

I'll have another let one day, my worry is that none of you guys will still be on here when that happens! Lol

Im in it till the end :)

I will be moving from the EP's after the GT is built and had my fun, but im sure the sister will still have the n/a. I will be back with Carbon Carribean V2 in a few years though :)

• 7 months later...

I just thought I'd post a couple of my old mk1 GT which I owned for 8.5 years and did 100k miles in it and it never let me down once. I still regret selling it and really want it back but that's never going to happen as it was stolen from the new owner 3 weeks after me selling it.

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

One day I'll have another GT.