well this is how she looked when i bought her, note i swapped on some rover 15's i had lying around because it had decent tyres. Note the ridiculous ride height

originalrideheight.jpg

added some of these (dropping the front by 57mm and the back by 50mm) originally meant for the EP91.

Teinsprings.jpg

did the old corolla manifold swap:

comparison.jpg

upratedinletmanifold.jpg

the much improved ride hieght on a little shoot:

CIMG0047.jpg

CIMG0049.jpg

notice the saggy bum, it took me a little while to realise but the shocks were shot so i've swapped them over now, and put on some 16's i had lying around. admittedly the tyres are too big so the next mods include adjustable panhard rod and lower profile tyres. oh i've also replaced the radiator with the thicker cored civic rad and fitted a cold air induction kit i made up:

coldaircarbon.jpg

latest shoot pics:

frontonwht.jpg

bumwht.jpg

sideonwht.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi steed, what benefit does the corolla manifold provide? Also what year corolla is it from and how much modding is required to make it fit?

Its off of a Bug-eye Corolla :thumbsup:

Its off of a Bug-eye Corolla :thumbsup:

Sorry for the ignorance, was this car ever sold in the US and does it require a lot of mods? I loked up 4efe on wikepdia and it said that the corolla had a 4efe engine but when I look up corolla's i see no referrence of it at all having a 4efe. they make note of a 4afe though. Just want to make sure this is even an option for me over here.

• 4 weeks later...

tubular exhaust manifold and shortened intake manifold, eventually aftermarket ECU to go with the 265cc injectors i acquired from an MX5

that's all for the now, oh i almost forgot, by the end of this week hopefully it'll be a six speed as well.

tubular exhaust manifold and shortened intake manifold, eventually aftermarket ECU to go with the 265cc injectors i acquired from an MX5

that's all for the now, oh i almost forgot, by the end of this week hopefully it'll be a six speed as well.

Hi Steed, what six speed tranny bolts up to the 5e?

yeah, where as the old 5 speed i dropped out of the power band when changing up to 4th and 5th the G6 box is geared just right to change, dropping into the bottom end of the power band for each gear.

any decent gains from the ITB'S and no managment?

surprisingly so, it's feels a bit hesitant in the lower gears (i think thats because i haven't sorted out the exhaust manifold yet, that next on the list) but in 5th and 6th the top end has noticeably more pull, even on the standard everything.

Hi Steed, do you have the transmission code/model for that tranny? Also I ,might be interested in getting one so I would like to see if there is an American equivalent or if I would have to order one from across the pond?

surprisingly so, it's feels a bit hesitant in the lower gears (i think thats because i haven't sorted out the exhaust manifold yet, that next on the list) but in 5th and 6th the top end has noticeably more pull, even on the standard everything.
Edited by benjie
forgot to ask what bike are the itb's from?

they started life on a triumph TT 600 not 100% sure of the year though, but i got the idea as i'd recognised the itb's from some one else's starlet based vehicle using them.

Hi Steed, do you have the transmission code/model for that tranny? Also I ,might be interested in getting one so I would like to see if there is an American equivalent or if I would have to order one from across the pond?

don't know what the Code is, i'll have a look for you, the sticker was pretty faded as not to give a great idea as to what it's frim. i might ask our local dealer or check it on my step mom's corolla G6 and then i'll get back to you.

Nice work there with the ITB's. I have in the self a pair to install some of my one (from a CBR600TT) when my new 5efhe motor is swapped.

I guess the insiration came from the guy from the States that used the Triumph ones. Any more details or things he missed to mention?

yeah he was the inspiration for the TT600 throttle bodies. the thing i've learnt most from fitting the ITB, whilst retaining the stock ECU and gubbins, is to pay attention to the MAP lines. removing all the PCV lines and just leave it with a breather on the up right and a pipe (smaller diameter than stock) on the other to emulate having a manifold attached. also it's easy to use the original throttle positions sensor with the throttle bodies and adapt the throttle pulley to fit. you'll need the plug in the Idle Control Valve so the ECU still thinks it's there (it'll over compensate otherwise). but remove the stock ICV from the airflow lines as the throttle stopper is the best way for controlling the idle. yes it's a struggles a bit when it's cold but it warms up pretty quick then it's fine. you can still plumb in the brake servo to the MAP lines (in fact i recommend it) as it is nice to have the assistance when braking and the servo acts like a reservoir and helps to take the 'lumps' out of the ITB pulses. oh yeah if you run the ICV in the air flow it makes no difference under load but screws up the fueling when the throttle is shut and mucks up the idle too. ditch the fuel evap line from the cannister, you don't need it and it is no friend to the MAP sensor on ITB's.

Pics available of everything i said on request!